Note to New Members ×

Banked Slaloms

dhamann

oh how we love those banked courses. a turning of the snowboard. unaware of the killington slash and berm, but that was the first one of the year i believe. the mike baker banked is a joke for racing, great for partying debauchery and laughing at people getting hurt. whatever floats your boat. this years VTO banked course was a very fun and nicely flowing built course. organized well and had great weather.

VTO.3.11.18.jpg

pics: https://www.facebook.com/hubert.schriebl/media_set?set=a.1988292887865236.1073742089.100000536326068&type=3&pnref=story

i have no idea if this link doesn't work if you're not on FB or not.

Edited by dhamann

3/17/18 sugarbush "sidesurfers" banked is definitely an event worth attending. great riders, friendly scene, turny course and event as a whole. the recent snow didn't do much to help with the integrity of the course holding up, but that's just banked slaloms for you after 200+ riders rip through it all looking for the same line.

http://www.sugarbush.com/uploaded/events/2018-sidesurfers-banked-slalom-top-finishers-and-time-results.pdf

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

More to come. Congrats to Mr. Michaud, Chauvin, Flynn (overall chicken dinner), Soucy and other podium folks. Plus all riders and rippers alike. What a weekend!

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1093.JPGhttp://allsportsevents.com/Results/other_results/SugarloafBankedSlalom/2018/SugarloafBankedSlalomOfficialOverallResults2018.pdf

Edited by dhamann
Wescott too
  • Like 2

This is my do everything board, the only board I need to take on a trip – I can race the Baker Banked, ride park, pipe and enjoy powder days on it.”– Seth

Gotta admire Seth's the walking the walk!  

Way to recover @Jack Michaud:biggthump New wax?   :ices_ange

Edited by lonbordin
LOL... "Anything Stiff"-Shannon

Thanks!  I did spend some money on wax.  Have to, in this crowd!  In race run 1 I fell in the "toilet bowl" (360 degree turn with tunnel exit).  One guy actually blacked out in it.  Had no idea how I did in run 2 until awards, because they keep run 2 times secret until then.  Seth graciously excused himself from eligibility, so I was awarded with 1st in the age group - woohoo!  In years past they have taken the top 3 male and female finishers and called that the "pro" class, and then everyone else falls into age groups.  Past pros have included Ross Powers, Scotty Lago, Alex Tuttle, etc.  This year Seth was the only actual pro in attendance so he just ducked out.  But there was some great competition nonetheless.  Good times, great weekend.

Results: http://www.allsportsevents.com/Results/other_results/SugarloafBankedSlalom2018.html

• Like 2

Huge props to Jack, Howie, Nate, Jason, Dave and others who represented the old guys rule team. While I didn't black out in the toilet bowl, I got ejected and launched from the top to the bottom at the turn apex in my practice run Saturday morning. Got a qualifier run on Saturday but no amount of hydrocodone was going to loosen me up.Two banks in a row where riding softies has just not been in he cards-next year back to hardboots. It seems to be working for Jack! It's a great event and super fun group of people and would be great to have more east coast booters in attendance. There's always next year!

23 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Jack were you on a Kessler Alpine or BX deck for that race?

Alpine 168.  I'd say hardboots weren't an advantage this year, it was mostly a glide race, and the banks were pretty soft.  I spent some money on wax.

• 8 months later...