Tanker owners what are your binding offsets

Guest wyn

Just figured I would do an impromtu poll. Annoyingly enough I can't

choose binding settings that center of the bindings:

<- (board direction)

(oxo oxo) is too narrow

(xoo oox) is a bit too wide

Given that the nose is pretty long doing something like:

(xoo oxo) would certainly shorten the nose and lengthen the tail.

(oxo oox) would do just the opposite.

I can always try both and I probably will anyway, but I figured I

whether the other tanker riders could give me some insight into

how they think either one will affect the ride so I can make a more

educated choice for a starting point. I like the ride with (xoo oox) but

it is just slightly to wide for me, and I would like to narrow the width

a little without affecting the all mountain ride.

--wyn

Guest thomas_m

I rode my 06/07 200cm today with your last option, long nose short tail. I'm pretty sure this is what SVR (Sandy) recommended too and he knows these boards as well as anyone.

High speed groomer cruising was hugely fun, very surfalicious. Slow speed stuff was awkward in the soft spring corn and slush.

T.

I went with the sweet spot on my '87 wide. Rides fantastic in powder and carves like a fiend. :1luvu: I went with more nose at one point and absouf*****gloutly hated it, the board seemed to have a mind of its own.

mario

Yeah, that has been bugging me a bit. What are the sweetspot labels for and is the entire fireball (including the tail) part of the sweetspot?

If I center my bindings over the sweetspot labels my stance is going to be too narrow for me. Anyway, I would love to know how i should interpret the whole sweet spot stuff.

--wyn

Ohh and that leads to another question. Is there any easy way to figure out which years model you have, and what the spec and tech differences are between the different year models?

--wyn has nothing but questions

I use that one, but I have slotted holes on my baseplates and slide them all the way out. That makes the stance 19".

Yeah, I need about 22. I got that by going with (oxo oox) and sliding both bindings all the way forward to minimize the backwards shift. Should be

interesting to see how that rides.

--wyn

If you want to ride the widest setting, just use some cants to make it work. It's easier to cant if you ride hardboots, but even if you ride softies there are some bindings and some after market binding add-ons that will work.

Otherwise I would orient the bindings with a slight forward or rearword bias depending on the depth of snow that you usually ride.

(i.e. if you are in constant powder bias toward the tail of the board and if you are more often on packed/groomed snow then bias toward the front.)

Have Fun!

If you want to ride the widest setting, just use some cants to make it work. It's easier to cant if you ride hardboots, but even if you ride softies there are some bindings and some after market binding add-ons that will work.

Otherwise I would orient the bindings with a slight forward or rearword bias depending on the depth of snow that you usually ride.

(i.e. if you are in constant powder bias toward the tail of the board and if you are more often on packed/groomed snow then bias toward the front.)

Have Fun!

Hmm... Ok, I am unlikely to get a lot of powder at this point this year so I will try

the setting it forward a bit, and see where that puts me. Thanks for the advice guys.

--wyn

I ride my 06-07 with the following: front ooox: rear: ooxo, but my earlier models I rode all of the with the following: front: ooox rear: oxoo. The longer nose setting is very good for softboot riding and lest the board absorb a lot of the bumps and jarring from riding in crud/corn conditions and of course the set back rear foot makes powder riding a dream. That said, with plates it would seem better on the older models to ride a more centered on the recommended stance settings...everyone has their own riding style so try the different settings and go from there with what is comfortable for you. If you purchase a new 06-07 model you may have to change your settings though, as it rides a bit differently.

I ride my 06-07 with the following: front ooox: rear: ooxo, but my earlier models I rode all of the with the following: front: ooox rear: oxoo. The longer nose setting is very good for softboot riding and lest the board absorb a lot of the bumps and jarring from riding in crud/corn conditions and of course the set back rear foot makes powder riding a dream. That said, with plates it would seem better on the older models to ride a more centered on the recommended stance settings...everyone has their own riding style so try the different settings and go from there with what is comfortable for you. If you purchase a new 06-07 model you may have to change your settings though, as it rides a bit differently.
So those are hardboot binding placement suggestions, right? What are you softboot suggestions?