Note to New Members ×

Mt Rose 03/23/06

12megs, Rob, James (ripping EC style) Bryan having a good day at Mt Rose.

Thanks again for showing me the "Fine Lines" today. Bryan

Mt Rose "EC" session

Note: If you don't like hardhitting music, you may want to turn the volume down. Please right click and "Save as target" rather than viewing it repeatedly from the website. Limited bandwidth. Thanks. Bryan

Thanks for the kind comments

Both Rob and James spent time behind the camera.

I have had a couple off-BOL questions about the boards.

James is on a custom Donek 203cm

Rob is on a Swoard. Not sure the length.

The songs I use for the video short clips are often the music I like to

listen to while riding (non weekend , slow days)

Those from OES. I have allot of footage to edit and will post asap.

Enjoy!!

Outside of the Extremecarving.com videos, this was the BEST EC style riding I've seen :biggthump Linked, laid-out carves, with speed on a slope with good pitch. J&P no longer have a monopoly.

The next time the EC vs Bomber style debate pops up, this video needs to get linked to the thread. It shows both styles laying the board over, and shows that two differing styles can have a friendly co-existance :D

I am so looking forward to seeing it! Glad you're getting some serious riding in. I am salivating over those steeps at Rose... last season that would have scraed the pants off me and now, I think I could carve 'em up :1luvu:

Outside of the Extremecarving.com videos, this was the BEST EC style riding I've seen :biggthump Linked, laid-out carves, with speed on a slope with good pitch. J&P no longer have a monopoly.

The next time the EC vs Bomber style debate pops up, this video needs to get linked to the thread. It shows both styles laying the board over, and shows that two differing styles can have a friendly co-existance :D

I am sure you refer to the outstanding EC riding, not the quality of the video. The Extremecarving.com guys do a professional job that is hard to do with a inexpensive point and shoot camera.

Yep! Rob and James RIP big time. I had met James at SES , however I didn't get a chance to spend allot of time with him. The glimses I had gotten blew me away. Especially on Ruthies. I think the pitches we were riding where similar in steepness. Perhaps not quite as smooth but close. The snow was firm yet grippy. It was the first time I had put the new Tinkler 185cm on firm snow. It LOVED it. My favorite parts are (1) in the middle where both Rob and myself are both in the frame carving. (2) The end where I turn out at the bottom just before the skier (pointing it) goes by.

Not sure if I ride true "Bomber" style or "Toes to the nose" or if it is the same thing. What I do know is riding with these guys on their home turf definitely was a BLAST.

Keep in mind this video is from a point and shoot camera not a video camera. The hardest part is keeping the camera still so the viewer doesn't have to take Dramamine. The only chance to "Zoom" is Before you push the "Start" button. I don't really want to have haul a video camera around while riding. However this is a good option. I do look forward to possibly picking up a really small digital video camera in the future.

Mike. I already caught "Hell" from Greg about the video at Summit. :flamethro

I reminded him not to piss off the cook . :ices_ange His "Turtle" move might get repeated again and again and again with some techno dance trance music. :eplus2:

I am sure he would really DIG that!! :biggthump

Soon. Bryan

Enjoy!!

...........remember Bryan, no unflattering shots of me :nono: ...opps, guess that won't leave much, but it will make your job a lot easier! :lol:

Excellent vid of all riders involved @ Mt Rose! :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rob and James rip....seriously rip; there are some great steep runs on Rose, and when I had the chance to ride with these guys, they tore up all of them.

The amazing thing is James rides in these old trashed boots with the back spring mechanism ground off; or at least he used to. No ankle support at all, and he rides...like that!