Note to New Members ×

anyone use insoles??

DiveBomber

I'm going to go out on a limb here and think that Kent was kidding.

If you are going to buy insoles then take the time to research the best fitters in the area and assess what kind of budget you have to work with. Then step up and go for some quality fitted insoles. They last for years in hardboots and your dogs will thank you all day long!

Everyone knows the purple ones are better than the pink ones.

Superfeet make a moldable insert and I cannot recommend them enough. They cost about $35 then an extra $50 for the molding. It's funky, they cook your insert, then put them on a tray, then vacuum mold them to your feet...but they are heaven on earth in a hard boot-or a hiking boot, for that matter.... :1luvu:

Which is the model of moldable Superfeet?

Are most carvers with Thermoflex liners using footbeds in them? I was told by a reputable source that they are not necessary, that the foam will form to your arch.

What's the word?

I dont have any in my boots with thermoflex, but these last few days I was feelin like there wasnt much support under there, and my foot was going kinda flat and jamming into the front of the boot.

some kind of foot bed is a must unless you have the thick intuitions that will actually mold one when you mold them. the heat molded ones are the best shy of getting custom orthotics in which case I recomend amfit. Your bootfitter can shave you some room to add the foot beds

with luck I'll end up with the Intuition Alpine's, so would I want footbeds?

I'm told if the footbed is too thick it can keep the heel from positioning properly in the heel pocket...so would a thin one be an advantage?

Intuition users dish out your 2 cents!

Superfeet make a moldable insert and I cannot recommend them enough. They cost about $35 then an extra $50 for the molding. It's funky, they cook your insert, then put them on a tray, then vacuum mold them to your feet...but they are heaven on earth in a hard boot-or a hiking boot, for that matter.... :1luvu:

Mine have a brown liner with a cork/resin heelcup underneath-they say

"Quick-fit System Superfeet"

I can't imagine moldable foam would be able to support the weight on your arches while you were upright....

My superfeet even have my toe impressions in them

I'm told if the footbed is too thick it can keep the heel from positioning properly in the heel pocket...so would a thin one be an advantage?

I have the Intuition Alpine's and picked up a pair of the Superfeet Wintergreens that others have already mentioned. The only issue I had was the bootfitter needed to shave down the arches for more comfort. Other than that I've had no problems. The fit is great and they are much firmer than the flimsy insoles that originally came with my Suzukas.

I have the thick intuitions and found that they molded well to my feet standing. I did not need an additional footbed.

Joe every persons foot is different, what fits one person isn't always the best option for another. That is why it's good to spend the extra money and go to a real bootfitter. Like I said I've used Surefoots in many different locations and always had good luck.

I appreciate the advice. My understanding of the Surefoot prices would put them outside my budget.

I have a pair of Superfeet Black that I can use for the Intuition liners, or possibly return them.

My question is:

which would be better, heat-moldable liner molds to foot, or liner molds to footbed on foot?

A secondary question:

Everyone refers to the "thick" intuitions.

I know of the Alpine model and the Power Wrap model, (that are applicable to hardboots), but don't know which one is the "thick" one.

Thanks.