Note to New Members ×

Question about 3 vs 6 deg. lift/cant discs

Randy T.

So I just picked up a second pair of TD2's from a local shop and I got the 3deg. discs since that is what I already have. But now I'm wondering if I should swap them for the 6deg. discs.

I guess my question is whether it would a good or bad idea to have different amounts of lift on different boards? Would it feel awkward switching between boards?

I have never ridden with anything except the 3deg.

Thanks,

Randy

I couldn't tell much of a difference. I switched my front foot from 3 to 0, my back from 6 (inward cant) to 3 (straight lift) and it's all fine. I imagine some people can fine tune these settings, but I found that it doesn't make much of a difference to me. To really compare them I'd need to re-mount the same board on the same day every couple of runs. Curious what others will have to say.

I imagine you'll be just fine with the difference, and that any feeling of awkwardness will disappear after 3-4 turns.

tom.

At some point I think it all comes down to preference. I've used 3/6, 3/3, and 0/3 at various times. I recently switched my carving decks from 3/3 to 0/3 because the flat front foor seems to offer more unrestricted movement. The 3* on the back foot is pure lift. I run 6/0 on my powder deck, it gives me a very natural stance for powder riding. Bottom line: if you are a tinkerer, here's your chance to satisfy your tinkering urges. If not, and you're happy with 3/3, no reason to change.