Note to New Members ×

ECES Schedule of Events

Jack M

I was there on Sunday. Finally great conditions, just super cold. I think the east side will still be a little sketchy because of lack snowmaking since the cold has returned. Spillway, Hayburner and Gauge were the trails of the day.

I saw other carvers also, a few instructors (Beckman and others) and another guy on a Coiler. I hope he had a good run down Comp hill. Can't wait to take over the 'loaf!!

Quote form the site:

"Today's update

I couldn't get over how soft the corduroy was today.

We'll have 102 trails open tomorrow, and the groomers will again lay it down thick on 57 of those trails, so get out there early and hit all you can.

There's still a lot of snow left over from last week's storm, and we can expect to see more of the white stuff over the next few days. We could get a light snow tonight and a couple more inches tomorrow night, and Roemer says we could see as much as six inches between Thursday and Sunday."

I saw other carvers also, a few instructors (Beckman and others) and another guy on a Coiler. I hope he had a good run down Comp hill. Can't wait to take over the 'loaf!!

Hey, that was me at the top of comp hill. Man, you ripped the top of that run. You probably ripped the middle, too, but once you went over the hump I couldn't see you again until you were a dot speeding down the run out.

I'm still in beginner-land; that was my first trip up the Super Quad in hardboots. I can't wait to see more people up there showing how it's supposed to be done. :biggthump

The snow wasn't that soft, it is more of a firm, edgeable perfect carving snow :biggthump

Horseman: Try going on Hayburner. That trail is wider and usually doesn't have that many people on it. Keep traversing the fall line until you feel comfortable to carve the next turn. Keep trying on the steeper stuff, it is well worth it.

can't wait! i still don't know which day i'm coming out.

Gonna try to get up there this weekend. staying in North Conway. Who's heading up ? :biggthumpWednesday: FREE BEER. Bomber party - pitchers of beer are on Bomber in The Bag at 4:30pm. Thanks Bomber! The Bag will be the evening hangout tonight as well. Their "Bagburgers" are a Sugarloaf delicacy not to be missed. They also have great homemade soups and brick oven pizza.

Thursday: MORE FREE BEER. Catek happy hour, followed by the annual ECES Banquet and Raffle - this is the biggie! Festivities start at 6pm in the Avery Peak room in the Sugarloaf Inn. Jeff Caron of Catek will be handing out beverage coupons for draught beer, bottled domestic beer, house wine, or well drinks. Thanks Catek

Bomber Party on Wednesday at The Bag

Just to let you guys and gals know, along with free beer at the Bag we will also hold a small, semi, partial, mini-raffle and give away some goodies. However, we do have a rather large give-a-way…….a certificate for a free tune by PTC (Performance Tuning Center)! That's right, a PTC tune done by Mike de Santis himself.

Having trouble holding that heel-side? Can't quite stick that EC turn on the boiler plate? Then this is the answer! After the PTC tune you'll rail like a slot-car and the opposite sex will surely take notice. Guaranteed! :biggthump

So hope to see everyone Wednesday at The Bag, beer starts at 4:30pm and the cops show at around 6:00.

Cheers!

Jack, we'll be trekkin' crosslots to get up theya. I'm sure the snow will be far better at the loaf than Sunday River or Attitash. Hope to lay down some PRE CES trenches and will post on friday if it's a sure thang for 3/4&5.

Guest Andrew S

I just remembered I won't be there Saturday. The other days are still on and I will post about the conditions. Checking out some early-season Tuckerman's Ravine on Saturday, avalanche conditions dependent.

Andrew

I just remembered I won't be there Saturday. The other days are still on and I will post about the conditions. Checking out some early-season Tuckerman's Ravine on Saturday, avalanche conditions dependent.

Andrew

let me know about tuckerman's:)