Note to New Members ×

whacky looking o-sin on ebay

dano

O'sin in the early days built alpine rides. I have this same board - fun carver - probably from the mid-90's. I think the first photo has distortion that makes the nose look larger. Acutally, it's a traditional alpine shape - perhaps a bit wider waist than todays carving boards

Anyone else have some input?

I'm not sure how he managed to do it, but the apparent weird shape of that deck is due to the photography.

I have that board - paid about $75 for a used model. It's a 167 cm with a fairly short stance width - I think it maxes out around 18 inches or so (I normally ride a 19.5 inch stance, and on this O-sin I've got front and back bindings in the extreme outer holes, and even reversed the back plate to get another 1/4 inch or so. Even with that, I can't ride my normal stance.)

It is stiff (for me, weighing in at 155 lbs.) and lively and not very damp - a little prone to chatter. It's a pretty fun ride, but I'm just using mine as a rock board now - my Oxygen Proton (172) and Nidecker Tornado (183) have won my heart. Both those boards have more edge hold and dampening than the O-sin.

Overall, if you're new to carving or looking for an inexpensive rock/loaner board, this is a good bet. If you're an experienced carver looking to establish a long-term relationship with a new deck, I don't think this is your ideal match.