Note to New Members ×

BlueB down :(

BlueB

After 2 glorious hours of ripping on icy hardpack, on my way to the base I head a freek accident.

In full speed required to go over almost flat terrain, I took a wrong line, or the board jumped out of the trench - not too sure, and I crashed into the fence. Took full impact on the outer side of my knee into a almost 3/4" bamboo pole. It was planted so firmly into the ice that it didn't pull out - I went right tru it. Impact was such that my bindings relesed?!?

After checking the position of my knee-cap and for the bones sticking out, and realising that everything was in place, I menaged to stand up and fence off all the offers for mountain patroll from amazed spectators...

Still skied with a friend's little son for couple of hours (private lesson) and went home. After cooling down, the knee has gone the size of a football and I can hardly walk :(

I suppose I was really lucky... Hope to get well for our WES.

Boris

Get well soon Boris, did you get hurt while skiing?

Bamboo is cheap but not perfect About the only thing that kill bamboo poles is the groomer. Lots of mornings on sweep, I have to pick them out of the runs because the operators just run them over then till them up.

I can't truly diagnose you over the internet, but will happily make a house call :biggthump

Sounds like a traumatic bursitis, the fact that you could manage a little skiing later leads me to believe you haven't internally deranged your knee...

Things to watch for-1. a "buckling" sensation, esp with extending your knee

2. persistent or recurrent swelling

As the swelling retreated unbelievably quickly, and pain was not to great any more, I decided to go for few very careful runs today (is there such a thing with carvers?). The famous knee still in one piece! I had one bad fall at the steeps, but luckily on the head (stiffest part :D )

I still do not understand how this wasn't a fracture or rapture in the first place, or how it healed so quickly...But I shouldn't be complaining about that, right?

I'll take it easy over the weekend (going away to Vancouver Island - just fishing) and I should be like new for WES!

Besides testing my knee, I also tested the Generics IQ170 that Pierre has given me other day. Lovely board!

Thanks again to everyone expressing concern!