Note to New Members ×

Mid-priced binding options?

Michael_A

F2 bindings sell on bomber for $199(pretty much 200)

snowpro race(doesnt matter step in or not)-$209

The snowpro force which was mentioned before-$129

(the other source was www.upzboots.com)

https://www.klugriding.com/Addicted17-Burton-Snowboard-Bindings_1012-snowboarding-gear.php

these are burtons that are new

i would check ebay or amazon

Get F2 titanium. I don't use the American bindings, not because of cost, but because they're over-engineered and too heavy. The F2's are simple, elegant, they provide the set-up options you need and they weigh less than anything else out there. The race titanium bindings are top-of-the-line. Make sure they fit the hole patterns on your boards: you used to have to buy separate titanium plates for 3-hole and 4-hole set-ups.

Burton... don't even think about it. I can't think of a decent binding they ever sold. Great colours and marketing though, I'm told.

You have no idea what you have started..... :argue:

I used some Burton Performance (a notch under the Race) from 1998 to 2005 without any issues or replacing parts. I weight 170-180 and I don't ride as hard as some on this forum. I switched to Catek because of the adjustability, not the strenght. I still use my Burtons on my second board. If you are starting out, you may find the Catek a little stiff, so F2, Burton (except Carrier, stay away from them, only plastic, no metal) or SnowPro Race sould be ok for you.

cateks for sale, see my post in the classifieds

Burton Race plates are better than a lot of the crap out there and they super forgiving, good for racers and good for beginners

I have come to the conclusion that the binding needs of racers are verry different than your average freecarve junkie thus where many people find burton unusable in the freecarve world they still have a very strong following with racers

Go second hand; wade through ebay, bomber, catek and all the other forums...

for me so far got 2 sets of fritschis, (the older plastic ones) for $100 for 2 pairs, same as the oxygens I already had that have proved to be fairly strong (I have trashed a few boards with them, but the bindings are still going after about 150 days)... I bought a pair of F2 titaniums for $90 delivered supposedly still unused which I still haven't seen myself, but am told they are in great condition.

The older cateks and bombers second hand would be fine for the most part, because they are built like a rock. These other ones would all do the job if you are 160 pounds (that's about my weight); the difference in force between guys like us and the 200 pound plus guys is quite a bit; however as soon as you get better, you can just offload the 'mid price' ones and get a set of bombers or similar.

The biggest thing I'd recommend; try to get a pair where (like the F2s I think, and definitely the fritshi/oxygens) the bail locks onto itself, and doesn't rely on the locking force against the boot to hold it. It means you don't need to overtighten the bindings, and IMHo that is what breaks bindings and bails.

I have some snowpros as well, and they are quite a bit more frail IMHO than the F2s or the oxygens. However, at your weight they should be fine too.

For god's sake, in no way F2 Ti can be classified as mid-priced bindings... Michael is looking for something inexpensinve in the 100$ range...

actually, he said around $150.

considering "cheap" on the used market..maybe $75...then the most expensive, new = $280ish, then $150 is truly dead smack in the middle.

for god's sake

the intec has pins on the heel where as the fast has pins in the binding with holes in the heel. is there any consensus as to which is stronger or are we talking no significant difference? I like the idea of not having cables in my boot but the other looks like a hit on something might eject you. any thoughts?