Note to New Members ×

"Brown" is making the rounds again!

Kirk

My 186 is a Superboard too but it is the 16 SCR with 18.5 waist and 6.4 flex. It was the Custom so it has the 2 cm more edge contact, same as the 188. Either way the superboard is the way to go..it's so smooth. I have a 195 WCC and a 196 with the Superboard and it's not exactly night and day between Superboard and WCC BUT there is a smoother ride for sure on the Superboard.

Congrats and keep us informed on how it rides.

JoelP

PS: I found that my boards ride best mounted centered off the inserts. If that helps you set up at all...

Congrads.. that is one lazy ass carver you've got... :eplus2: I'm in love with my RC... Only flows so far: Steel used on edges is rather soft and the top edge gets a lot of damage in the lift line... But damn it's fun to ride!!! :biggthump

tryin to figure out how you determined the steel is soft, since almost all edges use the same, and...how is liftline damage a "flaw"?

tryin to figure out how you determined the steel is soft, since almost all edges use the same, and...how is liftline damage a "flaw"?

I haven't said that steel is soft, I've said it's softer... :) Actually it seems somewhat softer and easier to damage than on German or French-mande boards... And yes I consider liftline damage a flaw, since the top edge looks like somebody was biting it (some kid ran over the tail when I was getting of the lift)... I have an almost 10 years old FP standing right beside Coiler (used about 5 times so far) and it looks somewhat more solid... I'm not saying they are bad boards, but personally, I'm not seeing it keeping it's nice shape for long... :(

Kirk, I'll be @ Snowbasin end of March. Would be happy to help evaluate that stick! ;) The black & red combo, :biggthump

Alex, with any new (sandwich) board I always take a file @ 45* to the topsheet, relaxing that edge helps minimze chipping. Won't help with people skiing over the top :smashfrea

Kirk, I'll be @ Snowbasin end of March. Would be happy to help evaluate that stick! ;) The black & red combo, :biggthump

Alex, with any new (sandwich) board I always take a file @ 45* to the topsheet, relaxing that edge helps minimze chipping. Won't help with people skiing over the top :smashfrea

Thanks, I'm was actually thinking about doing something simmilar, but I'm having hard time approaching this board with cutting tools... :mad:

Hmmmm... where to start?

How about with, uh, um... AMAZING!

Logged a bunch of runs up at Powder Mt. today and had a blast! VERY smooth, damp ride. This baby really likes to be pushed...and I pushed it HARD :D No fold, no chatter...buttery smooth. I purposely took it through some stuff that was a chopped up and the dampening is very noticeable. Not so much "pop" to the ride, but VERY smooth. Edge-edge is effortless!

Probably not saying anything that hasn't already been mentioned about these boards so I'll stop there. If you're even thinking about one, just DO IT! sell some gear, save up, whatever - GET ONE!

Love that picture scott took posted above--Hey shouldn't you be home watching the kids instead of out screwing around on a new board?

Grandparents are in town and grandma is really enjoying her grandchildren :biggthump

Meanwhile, grandpa and dad are simply... making an effort to stay out of the way - that's all :D