Note to New Members ×

Signs of (alpine) life...

RicHard

How could you explain, to "not-carving" people, why you get up at 5 o'clock to drive for 160Km forth and 160Km back, just to be on the slopes at the opening time with -9°C?

You can't.

But, it's amazing, you can explain it to carving people without any word: just by pictures. Here they are.

(Pictures have been taken this morning... signs of alpine life have been left).

signs18mc.th.jpg

signs20rt.th.jpg signs41pf.th.jpg

varie170405wl.th.jpg varie170412ol.th.jpg

varie170537la.th.jpg

Those photos have me weeping. May I ask where the shots were taken? What resort and what slope? I need to make a pilgrimage.

The pictures have been taken on the same resort I use to carve on: Ovindoli, in the central part of Italy. Few slopes but... very nice ones. ;-)

My Italian brother by another mother.

Either people understand passion or they don't.

Just because they lack the energy to get up at 5 am for anything does not mean they are worthless. Someone needs to be at the store when we are done carving and doing the banking and keeping the buses running. There are many worthy things to do in life.

Some will never know the generous grip of fresh corduroy wrapped around the finely honed edges of your precious.

Rejoice in your bounty

Just 160K for your snow.....geez, you gots it good.....

Try this one.....gets up at 6am and loads 2 young children into truck for 2 day drive...then gets up at 5(easy when you're already on CST), fixes breakfast tacos for me and the hubby, rouses the same 2 kids and gets to the slopes at 8....

Why drive??? Hearing my son gush about the Spanish "Booby" Peaks in S.CO for the next year is completely worth it....ahhh, he's such a junior hetero