Note to New Members ×

Dupraz

scotts.Scheinman

Bola was on his at loveland today in some pretty decent pow. He was tearing it up pretty seriously. We have had alot of snow out here in the last few days, and bola was floating right on top of it. I was also, but I was on my 187 helicat tanker. We were discussing the merits of the two boards, (the dupraz is cooler looking, according to a telemark skier putting his .02 in) and bola informed me that he will have a few to demo at ses. He had on caveat: do not load the nose, it does not like it. My take is that it is a cool looking good preforming board, but if you have a manly physique(over 200lbs)

you may want to try before you buy. There is a video and a reveiw of the duprez over at hardbooter.com

mario

Guest thomas_m

I've got about 10 days on my Dupraz. Bola's dead right about loading the nose. You need to ride this board very centered. SVR found this out first hand today on some Stevens Pass steeps today when he took mine for a spin. :biggthump

I'd say it's took big for you. It's a wide 178 with a very big nose and it's not particularly light. At your size, for a pure powderboard, look at the Fish/Malolo/Khyber/Snow Mullet/Sansalone FR. My opinion only of course, based on riding a couple different Tanker 200's, the Dupraz, a Fish and the Snow Mullet 160.

The Dupraz is cool looking and a sick ride though, I love mine.

T.

Guest thomas_m

Howzit Bola! I rode a newer RA200 in the AM today and then a 160 Mullet after lunch since SVR was riding the Dupraz. Riding a board that was shorter than me when stood on end (I'm 5'9ish) was the _strangest_ feeling, like a skateboard. The first few turns I stuffed the nose and went down. Took me a while to get used to not having a couple feet of nose out front.

Every lifty had to comment today as usual. That red board gets more remarks... Supposed to get 5-9" of more fresh tonight so I'll be back on it tomorrow trying to make some roostertails but that's hard to do in Cascade 'powder'. Of course, I'll spend the majority of my time getting my son Angus unstuck from every other pile of 'powder'.

Best,

Thomas

As thomas_m said above...I got to ride his D1 today at stephens in pretty good pow conditions (no vis, but good snow). I was pretty impressed by the board and it was a lot of fun to ride, but Bola and Thomas are not joking about loading the nose...the board did not like having any weight forward, but if you lean back a bit and just control your balance it is a lot of fun to ride. I would say this is definately a board to have if you intend to own multiple boards for specific snow conditions, but I will stick with my Tankers. Thanks again Thomas for letting me try it out.

cheers,

sandy

OT but where the $%#@ were all these damn carvers when i was at stevens pass? i rode / worked there for 8/4 years and saw like 1 other hardbooter!

I've been carving up Stevens Pass since, oh about '01 season. Most likely would have seen me as a yellow Columbia jacket streak on a Volkl Renntiger. Or you saw Eric, a guy on a F2 w/Bombers.