Note to New Members ×

The season that never was

Bobby Buggs

The WORST part is hearing the stupid weather reporters who refer to the mind temperatures as a good thing. They are happy to tell people is going to rain rather than snow.:freak3:

I would love to hear at least one forecaster acknowledge that the mild temps are not great for winter activities.

Hey, I leave for Big Mtn, Montana friday morning... When I did this last year, the northeast got hit with a blizzard my first night away. And to make it worse, It stopped snowing in montana for the rest of the season....

If that doesn't cheer you up, then sit tight a little longer. I leave for Summit County on Feb 2nd... and I'm not coming home until the 28th...

Hopefully I can send Jack enough snow for the ECES.

Yes, I'll be there in March too.....

Same here in New York state...heck..we broke out the kayaks last weekend and hit some whitewater. When your dealt lemons...make lemonade!

On the upside...I was told the Farmer's Almanac is predicting heavier than normal snow for the second half of the winter. Hope springs eternal!

Miguel

Guest thomas_m

This is my local hill February 2nd, 2005. The season was so bad, they let us carry over our season passes to this year at no charge...

What goes round, comes round - we've been getting pounding lately, Baker was closed for 5 days due to in-bounds avalanches, tree-wells and dangerous drifts. One more good day and maybe I'll forget completely about 2005.

020105.jpg

Good Luck,

T.

Guest dragonsword5

I was at smuggs over the MLK weekend with my school and it was pouring on saturday when we got there....

...still went out anyway :lol: The chaperones looked at me like I was insane...got throughly drenched but it was nice to ride.

It snowed that night and got SO COLD on sunday! Oh man was it cold. I never use hand warmers but i went and bought some and went back up. Couldn't stay on the big mountain cause my goggles froze over and my entire forhead/eyes were exposed and they were blowing snow so my face got pretty cold. :AR15firin

I got to use my carving bored though on monday and it was awesome conditions. They groomed the night before and it was not as cold.

I kinda agree that its been a warm winter but I'm optimistic that we'll get a lot of snow for feb and march....

...or atleast im praying T.T ._.