Note to New Members ×

Mt. Bachelor

Mike T

Was gonna head down there this mon-wed, but with only 2 lifts open I may just go to T-Line. Is it very crowded there when only the 2 lifts are open? Would be nice to get down there once before THE END :D

On the weekends there m8ight be a short line on Pine Marten. Weekdays... no worries at all. You might have to wait for a pack of gapers to get out of your way if you want to carve T-Bird or Beverly Hills but that's about it.

Bachelor

Pro: More terrain even on just two lifts

Pro: 4 good carving runs (T-Bird, Coffee, Leeway, Skyliner) even on clouds / wind

Con: Closes at 1

TLine

Pro: Closes at 3

Pro: Can carve off-piste on to the west of Palmer on the right day

Con: If Palmer is closed, you'll be bored.

Sunny, beautiful, however hard as a rock!! It was a bit of a tease. The groomers were wide and pretty smooth however with cold temps overnight and a bit of a breeze the surface stayed super hard until noon on Monday and 11 today. Rode with Eric yesterday and met "Bret" today. I didn't see any other hardbooters. I heard Jim had enough of the skating rink on Sunday. The last hour or two was EXCELLENT, today especially on Lee Way and Old Skyliner. Cliffhanger softened up a bit earlier perhaps , 10:30 or so, it was well groomed and a worthy section even if it was short. Sure wish they would have stayed open until at least 2. Good time was had! Bryan

I should have came up monday too with Eric! I forgot my cell phone in the garage before leaving so didnt get your call Bryan till I was home. My kids were saying "your not going up again dad!!!" on monday am so i bagged it. It was pretty firm on sunday also till 1130 am. I did a couple runs off the summit and did the backside to NW on its last day running since I never get the chance like locals (Mike T). We need to get in some T-line days this next week or 2 .

Jim

post-219-141842217936_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842217938_thumb.jpg