Note to New Members ×

Madd ebay..and others search?

Shred Gruumer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That info is posted right on the site.. Im just a think tank man myself..thats it..

It was revised I saw to say new..

plus I want more,, not less so I ain't sellin mine..Although at my size the Twisted Girl 158 I have may one evening find its way.

Question though ,, do most think that ebay is the way to go.. or just name the price on BOL classifieds?

ps.. should have kept that Lib tech.. it really did handle the ice extremly well!!

right said Shred

Question though ,, do most think that ebay is the way to go.. or just name the price on BOL classifieds?

I rather sell them on BOL and so I always offer my stuff here first to get a hassle free transaction. But in general the snowboards I have solds brought between 100 to 200$ more on ebay than here on BOL. I sold 7 boards last year and 3 this year. Only one out of the 10 sold for the right price here on BOL, the rest were all sold on ebay.

Nice sniping man. It was mine with 6 seconds left, then I refreshed the page to see I had lost it.

Please don't tell me your upset about being sniped on this auction. C'mon a Madd 170 brand new with a PTC tune and your max bid was $391! :p

Bid like you want it! $500 would have still been a great deal!

I guess what something is "worth" is relative, but that was my argument...people just end up bidding some pretty stupid numbers on stuff. look at some of the other non-winning bids on that one...

Value is determined by a moticated seller and buyer... that's all. That's two '04-'05 Madd 170 w/ PTC tune that have gone for just under $400 now. (I didn't quite get my asking price of $400 on the one I sold... after reducing it from $495...) Sounds like an indication of the market value to me. Buyers are very well aware that a number of decks from last year's 1st batch had some cosmetic and not-so-cosmetic quality issues and that's being priced in.

The existence of a reserve price on the other "used with messy topsheet finish" 170 adds a new dimension to the over-under... anyhow, my guess is about $340?

I dont use a sniper, Speedzilla, you can see that by my multiple bids.

I am just experienced in last minute bidding by hand from years of collecting in the vintage BMX world. Sometimes you don't know how fast soemeone else is bidding, so i just keep upping my own bid without taking the time to stop and pat myself on the back for being in the lead.

I am just experienced in last minute bidding by hand from years of collecting in the vintage BMX world. Sometimes you don't know how fast soemeone else is bidding, so i just keep upping my own bid without taking the time to stop and pat myself on the back for being in the lead.

LOL!!!!!

man...seriously...some of those bids placed are truly an indicator of what people see these boards as worth

the whole MADD controversy just cracks me up...some people swear by them as if they were the fruit of the gods, and others scoff...

mike, yes...and agreed that setting a reserve on this one was an odd choice, as was the "please dont ask too many questions" statement in the description. since the pictures don't depict whats being described, and the rep isnt exactly untarnished that wasnt such a good idea.

curious to see where this one ends up

BUT...having an auction end mid-day on a monday is likely a very bad idea. best to have it end in the evening.

Please don't tell me your upset about being sniped on this auction. C'mon a Madd 170 brand new with a PTC tune and your max bid was $391! :p

Bid like you want it! $500 would have still been a great deal!

Where did I say I was upset? :confused:

I gave the man a compliment.

$500 would have been a great deal for someone that really wanted it. I was taking a shot at getting a better deal. Since I don't need the board, I placed my bid accordingly.

I'm not upset that I didn't get it for $391.

Dude man, seriously now, I don't care. I gave you "props" for getting in with less than 6 seconds to go.

BTW, that is called sniping, whether you use software to bid or not.

Actually, I have had my best luck as a seller ending my auctions during the work day, versus weekend or evening auction ends.

youre in the minority. ebay stats say sunday/monday night get the heaviest bidding

but yeah, people probably bid from work, although Id suspect ebay is blocked from any work sites that have site blocking implemented

youre in the minority. ebay stats say sunday/monday night get the heaviest bidding

but yeah, people probably bid from work, although Id suspect ebay is blocked from any work sites that have site blocking implemented

Interesting. Are those stats posted somewhere?

Last year I had several lots of the same items, The auctions that ended in the middle of the work week during the day brought in signifigantly more money than those I ended on a weekend.