Note to New Members ×

Swoard prices (USD)-Nils? Anyone else?

Kirk

It all depends on the euro vs USD rate

Price is 650 euros leaving the factory( add the shipping costs of course that also vary depending this time on kerosen costs!)

We are working on a solution for the future that would lower shipping costs for US customers..but its not ready yet sorry.

We are by the way appreciating the feedback the new production has, with quite an impressive ( at our scale ) north america orders.. and surprisingly also a neat asian response! The Virus effect for sure!

Thnx!

Nils

Kirk,

The price you have is about what the price came out to before they raised the shopping costs (the shipping was 90 € + the 650 € for the board). It looks like the shipping is now about 115 €. The following is a post from Nils on the EC site...

Guys and ladies,

I have had a long talk with Frank

He got a new price sheet from DPD (which is way cheaper than others from germany..) and they are raising the shipping prices to the following destinations ( basically all that is non europe, and all that needs to fly)

All following prices are accurate as of today, but you will get the real quote when you order! All those that already received their pre invoices and paid the boards, price will not change for you! ( lucky you are!)

New prices

USA: 1 board - 115 € / 2 boards - 140 € / 3 boards - 150 € etc...(+10 € for extra board in the box)

CANADA: 125 € / 155 € / 165 € etc...

Japan / Korea: 181 € / 190€ / 200 € /etc..

it means: the more you group the orders the cheaper the shipping is!

the shipping company now make us pay for the gas rates of the kerosen!

Nils

PS: also to be noticed: when you wire the payment, please make SURE that all wiring fees are on YOUR side not on ours! grrrr Smile

By the way, the board looks very thought out, seems well designed/crafted and definitely lives up to Virus standards. Look at the EC site for more info and use Babelfish or Google translation to check out the French and German areas of the site.

PS...If I knew about the reduced shipping in batches I would have tried to contact other North American purchasers or get some from Nils and try to ship the boards to some central location (like someone near a mountain that the purchasers go to)...

Oh and one more thing that was included in the $950... the paypal fee. You have to figure in either the bank transfer or the Paypal fee (around 4%?) into the equation as well...

The dollar is also stronger now than when the 950 was figured so it'll move around alot depending on this as well (it's around $910 now!)... so even with the rise in shipping costs the price is still about the same (less?) as it was before the shipping cost change!

yes we found out that for most people in north america, wire transfer to switzerland can cost as much as 100 USD... for this reason we created two years ago the paypal option which is only 4% aka around 30 euros

Astrokel: this is exactly the solution we are aiming to do..

Nils

Nils:

I had the same problem here in Canada when setting up merchant account for a customer. They wanted exhorbitant fees, on-site audit inspections, and it took months to set up. For my next e-commerce project, I said screw the conservative Canadian banks and I set up a merchant account with an American institution. The improvement in service was astonishing.

There's no reason you couldn't do the same. On a periodic basis, they simply send you a cheque or e-transfer to your home account.

Henry

you're not thinking of sending cash by regular mail are you? :)

As for checks and cashier checks etc they are not authorized in euro /swiss banks unless they are in euros etc... The bank cost will be huge anyway since there will be change fees...

its a complicated worldwide economy! When we will all be paying in yuans it will be much simplier! ;)

you're not thinking of sending cash by regular mail are you? :)

As for checks and cashier checks etc they are not authorized in euro /swiss banks unless they are in euros etc... The bank cost will be huge anyway since there will be change fees...

its a complicated worldwide economy! When we will all be paying in yuans it will be much simplier! ;)

lol. Its almost cheaper to get a round trip off season to pick up a board:biggthump