Note to New Members ×

What would you like to see on a alpine website

Guest nic

I have a question to ask everyone. If you could ask for anything or see anything on a Alpine web site what would it be.

I need your feeback. Who knows you just might get to see it. ;) :D

videos x2

personally dont think there needs to be another alpine website. for such a small community, bomber is the ****!

every other site is SLOOOOOW. catek...freecarve.com...the canadian one that I cant remember the name...

more sites just makes things more divisive

MORE smilies! :eplus2:

Seriously, BOL is the best world wide alpine site and I also belong to my local CA site (www.tahoecarvers.com). I don't have time for more snowboard sites.

My mercedes benz DIY forum has at least 100 more smiles on their site, more smilies, more smilies, more smilies :smashfrea

Speaking of upgrades, is the BOL ride board working? I need to check on that.

--Hugh

Some thing cool like the guys over at hardbooter.com I think they are even changing there whole layout soon! And I have heard they made a big push to include more video and have lined up or are lining up a bunch of reveiw products for this year. That site rocks!

It would be great to get this running http://www.bomberonline.com/community/ride_board.cfm maybe bug this guy webmaster@bomberonline.com Not only would this be a great resource for carpooling but also for coordinating meeting at the hill with a carving posse. Also for coordinating places to stay at the hill.Other than that, BOL is THE BEST carving site hands down. Hardbooter.com is great too. Billy, can I get some stickers ? these guys sent me a bunch of sweet stickers last year http://www.raceboarders.com/stickers.htm

post-123-141842205892_thumb.gif

Hey, doing a Tindy w/ forward stance angles actually takes a bit of effort over doing an Indy... some wise-ass at Bacehlro was giving me a hard time for grabbing outside the back leg, even if it was between the bindings :rolleyes:

oh god not that again.

Sorry that this is OT, but I had to respond.

For the sake of argument, I will say that there are two kinds of snowboarders - Knuckle draggers and Palm draggers.

I do both. In the above post, I was being a knuckle dragger by calling out "Tindy".

Actually, in hard boots with high angles, it is easier than soft boots - your hand is already there, just point your toes and lift your rear leg.

Anywho, that being said, it looks really cool on hardboots and I do them myself when nobody is looking.

Video of hardbooters doing bumps, jumps, and other stuff besides carving and racing. There's a bogus perception that hard boots aren't as versatile as soft boots... wanna be part of the problem, or part of the solution? ;)

(Not that I've contributed much myself, but I'll work on that this season.)

My friend your wish will come true. Lets just say i am way ahead of you on it. I very much agree with you. Unlike most people who think hard boots are for carving need to open there eyes. I use to be a jibber back when it was fun in the early 90's. I can still do most of the tricks on my slalom.

In the up comming days you will have a chance to see it. :eek: :D :)

People will finaly see what is really possible on hardboots.

My friend your wish will come true. Lets just say i am way ahead of you on it. I very much agree with you. Unlike most people who think hard boots are for carving need to open there eyes. I use to be a jibber back when it was fun in the early 90's. I can still do most of the tricks on my slalom.

In the up comming days you will have a chance to see it. :eek: :D :)

People will finaly see what is really possible on hardboots.

I think that most people on the board here realize that you can do anything in hardboots that you can in soft. It is the general public that does not know that.