Note to New Members ×

Removing 5-position lean mechanism from Raichle SB

Mike T

I am stripping the parts from an old set of Raichle SB 325's (I broke one of the shells). I am down to the 5-position forward leans mechanisms.

If I recall, the pins that hold them in place are meant to come out only one way. Unfortunately I cannot remember which way -

-Left on both boots

-Right on both boots

-Push to the inside (left on right boot, right on left boot)

-Push to the outside (right on right boot, left on left boot)

Anyone know?

I actually heard Dave say "Giga-Zillion" once......

And for reference the Engineers Journal uses the term "Knobly-Pokies" as the correct technical term for those features on the pins. :sleep:

Mike T: for a long time you could always drive those pins "inward" on each boot and be correct. Left boot = drive pins to right / Left boot = drive pins to left.

However, we have noticed the pins seem to be random now in how they are oriented on the boots. Just try and drive them in one direction about a 1/16", look at the pin and see if it is the correct side before continuing.

I actually heard Dave say "Giga-Zillion" once......

And for reference the Engineers Journal uses the term "Knobly-Pokies" as the correct technical term for those features on the pins. :sleep:

Mike T: for a long time you could always drive those pins "inward" on each boot and be correct. Left boot = drive pins to right / Left boot = drive pins to left.

However, we have noticed the pins seem to be random now in how they are oriented on the boots. Just try and drive them in one direction about a 1/16", look at the pin and see if it is the correct side before continuing.

Thanks. They're older boots so I'll try "inward" first. I'm really just trying to save the valuable parts... someone single-position boots can have 'em as an upgrade once I get 'em off.