Note to New Members ×

Binding Angles

mnfusion

Most soft set-ups can't transmit power to the edge at angles beyond 39* as you change from rolling the foot from toe-to-heel to knee steering (where hardboots shine) at angles past 40*.

I would suggest 36/33 if you want a carve oriented stance. I find that to be a good combination for me, of course you maybe different, but I think it will be a good starting point... I've done 45/40 with my Catek Freerides and didn't like (I played with cant and lift a lot, but it never felt as good to me), I'm not that flexible in the hips though.

I would find the angles that place your toes and heels over the edges without overhang. Start with the front foot, get the toes and heels over the edges - then subtract your normal split and place the back foot. Your stance is still YOUR stance, so change the angles on both bindings but keep your split the same. (ex. 65/60, 45/40, 35/30 etc.)

I use 30/25 centered at my POGO Longboard 175. FLOWbindings flat, no cant no lift, goes like :D :D First I had stances like 45/40 and 40/35. But these low stances I like best, more control. Just race and carve and use this stances also in the soft, deep snow.

Greets, Hans.