Note to New Members ×

Eye Candy/ Gallery Preview opens

www.oldsnowboards.com

only looked at june so far, using firefox. works fine.

your choice of organization has always confused me...just seems like a start page with all options would be best. perhaps thats what youre moving towards.

that said...my GOD they know how to groom at June!!!!!!

heh. theres one pic...number 20 in the june session...SO reminds me of Skyliner lift line:)

Cool, thanks Dave.

Yep. Just narrower, steeper with the towers pretty much centered. Great carving , however somewhat high risk with the trees close to the edges and about 6 towers on the way down. I carved the crap out of it while waiting to hook up with Kirk and his Dad that morning. I was alone for the first HOUR! The place is SIC!!

Email me PM about the organizational aspects. Not sure what you mean.

Thanks. Bryan

Where are the June photos? The only galleries I find are pictures of snowboards. No scenics, no riders. Is there a site map or breadcrumb trail I can follow?

I'd love to get a hi-res of that picture you post above!

I agree; the layout of the site is a bit confusing. For instance, I can get to the Timberline gallery from the 'links' page, but I cannot get there from the 'gallery' page. Also, the 'History' page is blank, for me. There seems to be a bullet out of place at your 'poll' page.

I'm using Firefox. Am I missing something, or maybe my browser is omitting information?

Keep up the great work though! I love seeing new angles of our sport, seeing pictures, and hearing stories.

" For instance, I can get to the Timberline gallery from the 'links' page, but I cannot get there from the 'gallery' page. Also, the 'History' page is blank, for me. There seems to be a bullet out of place at your 'poll' page."

Hi Tommy D, for now , please use the link in the post? Or Here.

Then login, then go to "Ski Areas" album, Then "June Mt".

If you do not logon , you will only see the one gallery.

With nearly 700 photos currently, they need to be in sub-catagories.

Thanks for your comments. Remember , this is a preview. Not finished product.

June Mt Wallpaper 200k Larger Version

Thanks Dave,(tilledog) trying to keep it super clean.

Thanks Bryan

I can get to the Timberline gallery from the 'links' page, but I cannot get there from the 'gallery' page. Also, the 'History' page is blank, for me. There seems to be a bullet out of place at your 'poll' page.

Keep up the great work though! I love seeing new angles of our sport, seeing pictures, and hearing stories.

Thanks TD for reminding me about the "History Link" , fixed.

The 'Dot' on the poll page is evidently something created from the host

when I installed the poll? Have not figured how to edit it out in HTML.

The main issue , is please use the link provided to get to the preview of the new gallery. Not the exiting links on the home page.

Thanks again for helping on the "Shake Down" cruise!!!

SWEET! Thanks for the roadmap, and the hi-res.

It looks like you are working on the site as we correspond ... Good stuff. I'll be visiting more often.

Also, I have quite a bit of background (formal education) with HTML, and markup languages in general, as I'm sure a lot of folks on BOL do. If you need help, or have a question, don't hesitate to ask!

Awesome!!! Was totally stoked to see the June Mt. pics as that is were I skied as a kid almost exclusively from 1975 to 1981! Keep up the awsome work!

from my profile:

Home Mountain/Resort?
:

Home: Mt. Shasta Board & Ski Park/ Favorite: Mammoth Mountain/June Mountain - Hands Down!!

p.s. did you receive the pics from me of the homemade "snurfer"??

Is it snowing yet?:lurk:

Dr Sandman, No never saw them? I would be interested in those Photos

Make sure there is a subject line or the spam filter dumps it and I never see it.

Thanks , June RIPS!!!

Mammoth was awesome but at times busy for carving. The grooming at June was "Most Excellent" , very low key, bargain and practically no one around.

We had near perfect groomers lap after lap. The hole time I am thinking "What an excellent place for an Expression Session!!!"

Dr Sandman, No never saw them? I would be interested in those Photos

Make sure there is a subject line or the spam filter dumps it and I never see it.

Thanks , June RIPS!!!

Mammoth was awesome but at times busy for carving. The grooming at June was "Most Excellent" , very low key, bargain and practically no one around.

We had near perfect groomers lap after lap. The hole time I am thinking "What an excellent place for an Expression Session!!!"

&^%$*#(!! I think I left the subject line blank:smashfrea I'll resend tonight.

ESES !!!!! Can't wait!:biggthump

(Eastern Sierra Expression Session)

ESES !!!!! Can't wait!:biggthump

(Eastern Sierra Expression Session)

Why the heck haven't we had one of these yet? There seem to be enough carvers in Cali for a fun weekend at the least. How does late March or early April sound to you guys? The crowds will have thinned, and it certainly wouldn't be a problem if we held the event at June vs Mammoth. Perhaps we could do a day each. Thoughts? :biggthump

is that a 150cm????I learned on a 150cm and still have fond memories...the 180 was an awesome powder board...oh yes and viewing with Opera is fine

Cool, thanks for the Opera check. Yes, 59" long, the thing I get a kick out of is the decal graphics , one of which says "Snurf". ??? Cool. I figure there are some good memories in these galleries. Glad you found one!

The Mammoth/ June SES would be excellent. Great combo!!

Thanks, Bryan

PS, just uploaded the album of photos that Dr Sandman provided of his homemade "Snurfer Like" stand up sled! Sweet! Check it out.

PSS Try the "Search" feature. Type in "homemade".

working in firefox 1.0.6 and IE 7.0 and both are working fine. love that 201cm tinkler. and that courd from June in awsome. need to go there

Thanks on the Firefox check! / The 203cm Tinkler is in "My Quiver" also , I haven't figured out a good way to hightlight that there are sub directories within other sub directories without the right side navigation getting too long.

"That cord from June is my new desktop pic

Daneille"

Thanks, I took the photo of the first run on my second run off the top. I was thinking it would be gone but it actually stayed for more than an hour without being disturbed! "Deer Bowl" is the run , off the top of Chair "J7"

Link to 250K Trail Map.

That cord from June is my new desktop pic :biggthump

Daneille

Thanks Daneille, The pitch is steeper than the picture would indicate , yet I am not sure if it deserves a diamond. It might be that the grooming was so good and the surface so even that it didn't seem steep when you are on it.

Sounds like I am rubbing it in, but I am really only trying to describe it. I had ridden in CO, UTAH , TAHOE and Mammoth on the road trips that season and this was some of the best conditions I had rode on. Perhaps the Sun, Moon and Stars had aligned or something, but it was pretty sweet. Fortunately a couple other BOL members where there to help document the conditions :biggthump ( read:"Dice it Up")

Only regret is I stayed an extra day there and missed visiting Mt Rose , which sounds like another "Sleeper" that rules. Next year I guess.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Hey Jon, would have been great to meet you in person and plan an "Alpine Attack" for the season!! Email sent.

No matter how informal , we need to put some dates on a calendar for a west coast gig. Strength in numbers (fun in numbers) is well demonstrated by the SES. It is a blast to meet all the other alpine nut cases. I mean ENTHUSIASTS. :eplus2:

Mmmm! DEER BOWL :eplus2:

It stayed GOOD all day! Yeah, the diamond rating is a bit debatable. Maybe a toss-up between double blue and diamond?? That and Schatzi - Awesome!

What was nice is that you build that speed and keep it through the flatter ( :confused: ) sections down at the bottom - nothin' but :D :D :D at the end of every lap (how many did we do?). This IS the place for the BIG GUNS - though I had a lot of fun on the 170 as well.

A must visit for next season. In fact I've already discussed it with my dad and he's game! Dr. Sandman hit it on the head - ESES (Eastern Sierra Expression Session). Now it's time to talk Fin and Co. into coming out!