Note to New Members ×

WTB 155-170cm ultrawide FR / BX board

michael.a

Hey all fat dad carver need to transition to softies this season to teach michael jr, need a 155-170cm very damp and stiff freeride/BX board with 280 and up waist width for me monster feet. It's August plenty of time to get things sorted but if you got some monster BX board gathering dust lemme know. Im in NJ but frequently in Denver maybe local pickup doable. I can organize shipment just pack it up and I'll send you a UPS label with scheduled pickup. 

Edited by michael.a

that could be a tough find (used) as you probably already know. definitely a custom build for no compromises. 28 wide is about as wide as you'll find with any stock options that may be available. some close stock examples may be...

OES has an FR 165 wide that has a 28.1 waist, 10-15scr and an FR 162 wide, 9-14scr. medium flex, add a virus plate.

deviation has a moment generator 168 that has a 28.3 waist, avg. 9.2scr. add virus plate.

lib tech skunk ape 170, 28.5 waist, 8.75scr. soft for carve focused riding imo. only mentioned for the width example.

size 13 US i presume? binding angles? riser plate? the plate helps run a board a little more narrow than "ideal" and/or also helps with faster edge transitions. "faster" for a 28+ wide board that is. virus isolator is a probably the best option for a riser plate, riding firm conditions.

sizing boot shell down one (or 1/2) size and running a low volume liner can be another piece to the puzzle. heat mold liner with toe caps (may require two heat molds). the rest should "ride out" if not perfect. sizing for mondo size is important here. measure in evening when feet are "swollen"; not morning or rested.

rider preferences, technique and style also play a factor to adapt to and accommodate larger feet/wider boards. especially coming from an alpine background and transitioning to softy. again, some or all above could be redundant. best of luck.

Yes sir it's not an easy search, I got a 200 rad-air tanker for the rare time Im on softies but I need something shorter for a season or two to teach my son and also be able to carve and then it's back fulltime to alpine. Thank you for the suggestions, I already have the lib tech skunk on my list there are two 170s on ebay for $450-500 but all the reviews are unequivocally critical it's way too soft, there are also several NS Protos with 28.4cm waist width on ebay for $540. But again Im looking for something cheaper but also stiffer Im 250 pounds and have broken boards before hard charging them...

• Like 1

• michael.a changed the title to WTB 155-170cm ultrawide FR / BX board
  • 1 month later...