Note to New Members ×

Motorcycle Crash - Broke My Hip

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.
I bet some mad ex of his has a voodoo doll and she keeps poking and poking it. :smashfrea

Hangin there Randy !

I did date a witch a few years ago (really, a practicing witch).

Dan,

Is your surgery going to be at Stanford or SOAR?

By end of September, I should be able to get around better. Five minutes ago I tried walking on crutches. It hurt a lot, but I did make it to the door of my room and back. That bodes well for when I finally get to move my bowels (haven't since Saturday :barf: ). At least I'll be able to get to the bathroom, rather than using a bed pan.

Randy

I'm not sure yet - waiting for the packet from the doctor. I'll let you know when I have more info.

Just remember, Colace is your friend:o

Hang in there Randy.Maybe kitesurfing is a little safer than roadracing. I slammed the water on Monday hard enuf to knock the wind out of me and made my ribs ache, swallowed a bunch of water into my lungs that made me almost puke from wretching/coughing it up.People on the beach must have been horrified. :eek: Good luck with the speedy recovery.

Guest Randy S.

Ais, I'm waiting for Michelle to come give me a sponge bath. :1luvu:

FYI gang, I'm moving this afternoon. I'll be going to Lytton Gardens Skilled Nursing Center in downtown Palo Alto for a few days. I can now get around on crutches, but stairs are a real challenge a bit dangerous. I suspect I'll be home by sometime this weekend. I don't know the number at Lytton Gardens, but my cell will be working down there. Cell is 650-291-8582.

Randy

Guest Randy S.
I know where that Nursing center is. Randy is lucky if he gets any Nurse who is young enough to have her own teeth :lol:

I'm the youngest patient in here by at least 30 years! :eek:

The nurses at Stanford were really nice and pretty cute. The ones here might be cute if you were 70 years old. They don't speak English too well, but they seem nice enough. I'm looking forward to my first real shower since Saturday. I should be able to take one tomorrow. Today's two big events were my transfer to this place, plus my bowel movement since Saturday morning (BM's are important events to hospital staff - heck, they even record how much urin I pass!).

The good thing is that every 4 hours someone comes by and brings me vicodin!

Guest Randy S.

I'm pretty safe with kites. I have gotten overpowered before, and lost a board because of it.

I'm pretty respectful of my motorcycles power also. I just had a brain fart on Saturday and it cost me.