Note to New Members ×

Whoops, I bought something

skatha

Oh well, so much for promises...I took the plunge and got some Deeluxe Lemans and some X-bones bindings....

I can't resist a good sale....

And, I plan to get some molded foot beds -I have to, I have flat feet :freak3:

But.....Do I complete the emsemble and get that Nidecker board I'm lusting for or should I stick with the Burton Feelgood ES I bought last seaon.....

Just to let you know...I have my trusty old Custom for rocks/spring conditions...

The Feelgood was originally planned for pristine conditions

I just picked up my 4807 I bought in March-of course, for powder...but, too often that's a unrealized dream for us Gulf Coasters....It's staying in the cabin in CO-I hope to be there the next time we get a dump like in March 2003

I'm planning for the long haul here-retirement is only 10-12 years away.... ;)

Guest Randy S.

Look for a cool board in the classifieds section of BOL. There are always great deals there. Don't skimp on the footbeds. The best are worth it.

Congrats on the purchase, don't mess up your floors wearing them around the house praying for snow.

Randy,

You must be bored. I see you replying to so many threads lately. Hmm,..where is D-sub>?

p.s. I am bored too,..where is the snow? :mad:

D-Sub left BOL mysteriously, even had Fin remove his account. :confused:

Hey Skatha... I have a Donek Incline 155 in cherry red that I would let go for $185 shipped if you are interested. It would be a decent stepping stone to an alpine board, will throw in one of the following:

Dakine Tuning Kit (2 files, wax, scraper, ptex candle, scraper).

Dakine Stomp Pad (board already comes with two mini-pads)

Dakine Heel Anchor (noticeably helps with heel-lift, even with thermoflex liners, this is my extra set).

(I leave on a one week vacation Saturday)... think about it... :cool: I need to make room for more snowboards!!! :biggthump

Randy,

You must be bored. I see you replying to so many threads lately. Hmm,..where is D-sub>?

p.s. I am bored too,..where is the snow? :mad:

Of course, we're ALL bored...that's why were hanging with our peeps in cyberspace....

No TDF...

preseason football....

NHL...twice burned...is it going to be worth the emotional risk...

Astros tanking again...4 great pitchers, one of whom has one of the best batting averages on the team(never a good sign in the NL)....

I'll send my husband your way for a second opinion as to the reasoning behind my most recent purchase...

He skis-Atomic C-80's are the only pair he has.....

I turned down some FREE 'stros tix for Sat-I'm already going to see the Texans lose to the Raiders and I have to go to the hospital sometime

Volkl P50 Super GS -- Hero snow/Ice empty mountain hair on fire speed.

K2 Enemy -- noodle pipe/park/bump/rock/stump skis

Unmounted Atomic something-or-others that should fill the gap as an all mountain ski (Free!!).

For hard/icy/groomer days and no good bumps/trees (Read, most every day in Vermont): Volkl Renntiger SL!! (Hopefully soon to be replaced!!!)

I fell prey to impulse buying after reading about Skatha's spree. Though I'm not usually prone to such levitude, my will was defeated earlier today when I overheard someone at work whistling, "...Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

So, I bought a pair of Raichle 413's and some yum-yum yellow TD2 e-rings. Yep, some entry-level boots and the new formula yellow 'thane. I chided myself for the deed by grilling some ribeye steaks and making dutch oven potatoes/white trash-style (more onions, garlic and black pepper went into the pot than potatoes). Followed by a sharp retort of a Spaten Pils.

It feels so good to be penitent!

Mark

PS - Back in the mid 1950's, the US Navy did tests to see what colors attracted/repelled sharks. The final data showed that the color yellow, in shallow depths, attracted most species of sharks. Thus, the term 'yum-yum yellow' was coined. That's why while scuba diving in my youth in Florida, I'd always choose a saltwater diving partner with a YELLOW wetsuit, or YELLOW tank, or YELLOW fins, and YELLOW mask or snorkel (think early '70's just before Jaws The Movie came out). I figured I would narrow my odds down to the nub before I went into open water. My choice always turned out to be an instructor.

nice boots and plates grab something real carvy and somewhat narrow, wait on second thought build a quiver

Ar(angel has a a little oxygen Kr 148 for $60 or so, that would be a great spare carver and at that price its more than worth it

I have a 159 that you could have for the shipping price around $20-$25 so long as you are gonna use it

No snow,..No new carving videos,...No carving news, so I guess it's just natural to buy carving gear to control the urge for the sport we love. I couldn't resist either and so I just picked up a new proton 172 and I don't even really know if I'm gonna use it. :(

Got my boots yesterday-had to wait for Sam to leave town on a business trip before I opened the box :nono:

I pulled out my light blue with hot pink base Burton board...The raichle bindings are waaaaaaayyyyy too butchy-plus a black X stomp pad came with them....

I'm FORCED to buy a new board!!!!

Blue/silver P1C's on my blue snowboard for my softie setup.....

Raichles on the Nidecker I just have to buy now.....

A girl's gotta match, you know.....