Note to New Members ×

a Good Easy 3 strap

3 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Thought I would share...

the Union "Force" binding with a Bolted High back and an added Leather top strap...

Union 3 strap.JPG

How does it perform on heel turns? Improved leverage toward the heel edge?

• 3 weeks later...

I find it Strange, Malamutes, Driver X, Booster Straps and all the rest of the How to Make SB Stiff, I have had All the Stiff Boots and they break down after 14 days or so...simply lock the High Back Up, then add a top strap, yea, you can Adjust the Top Strap to exactly the Stiffness you want...Meaning leave it loose and full Ankle Flex, tighten all the way and remove the Ankle flex, while adding Lateral support... At this point, what with Carving making a showing, I am surprised No Body is making a 3 strap...There is no way the Step in Boots don't just Break Down after a couple weeks of use...though having that Heel Locked Down does make a substantial improvement I would Imagine...

I rode burton 3 strap on an asym air waaay back and was amazed by the improvement to edge control with the glorified sorels of the time, my Merrel super comps negated my need for highbacks or 3rd straps, no more stoner rigged duct tape and skiboot liners and tongues.

I wouldn't be suprized if somebody doesn't come out wit an optional 3rd strap lockable highback, now that carving is cool  and they'll need the latest and greatest newfangled carving system to keep a marketing edge in selling upgrades for the laceup 1 season boots every body loves.

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

https://summitskiboards.com/product/technine-custom-pro-ds-snowboard-bindings-plus-summit-riser-kit/

Something like this would be great.  I had a pair of Burton Custom 3 strap bindings years ago that I left with a very attractive female snowboard instructor at Snowbird when I was teaching at National Academy.  Too bad I wasn't thinking straight.