Note to New Members ×

Snowperformance Carve Camps

Allee

Well, it looks as if I'm not going to make SES next Feb, as it clashes horribly with the significant other's 40th birthday and he wants to go kayaking and beach camping in Belize. (Life is full of tough choices ...)

Soooo... in order to improve my crappy riding, I'm considering going to the Snowperformance camp at Sun Peaks in December.

Has anyone been to one of these, and can give me some feedback? I've never been to Sun Peaks either, so comments on the hill would be appreciated as well...

Well, it looks as if I'm not going to make SES next Feb, as it clashes horribly with the significant other's 40th birthday and he wants to go kayaking and beach camping in Belize. (Life is full of tough choices ...)

Soooo... in order to improve my crappy riding, I'm considering going to the Snowperformance camp at Sun Peaks in December.

Has anyone been to one of these, and can give me some feedback? I've never been to Sun Peaks either, so comments on the hill would be appreciated as well...

I went last December. If you have the money to spare, I highly recommend it for riders of all levels. We had a few people who had never been on a snowboard before, all the way up to a competitive World Cup racer - and the coach took great care to work with everyone on their techniques.

Sun Peaks itself is a wonderful mountain - all the terrain of Whistler, but with a small town charm instead of the Disneyland feel. The snow was a bit better as well as I think it's on the other side of the jetstream. It was a little bit of the ways for most people, but since you are based in Calgary, it should be only like a 5 hour drive as Kamloops is halfway between it and Vancouver (totally worth it). A side note is that there must be something in the water up there, because all the service people in the restaurant are consistently gorgeous.

Here are some photos I took when I was there.

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=ChangArvin&AID=2164550

Guest Randy S.

Do a search on snowperformance. I posted a review a couple of years ago. Basically I said :biggthump

If what lonerider says about the people working there is true, perhaps I need to make the trip. :1luvu: