Note to New Members ×

Slush carving

1 hour ago, Deuxdiesel said:

Nice- where is that?  I've been layed up with a broken hand for 5 weeks and should be good to go next week, but most of the areas here in the mitten have been hit hard by the long warm spell.

Crystal Mountain this past weekend. It was good for like an hour in the morning until it got too soft. 

• Like 1

nice!  my old knee and poor back are envious of the youthful exuberance.

As long as you are having a blast - don't take the following too seriously.  I love the playful/dynamic style.
Try bend away from the snow and not reaching down.
There is some subtle difference between diving to the turn and bending at the waist and reaching for the snow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pow4ever said:

nice!  my old knee and poor back are envious of the youthful exuberance.

As long as you are having a blast - don't take the following too seriously.  I love the playful/dynamic style.
Try bend away from the snow and not reaching down.
There is some subtle difference between diving to the turn and bending at the waist and reaching for the snow.

Thanks for the advice! I didn't notice I did this until getting some video. I will try to bend away from the snow next time. It looks like I'm bending over pretty far to initiate the turn.  

1 hour ago, Odd Job said:

Slush is heavy pow. A good time but also a bad time, because the end is near!

Looks like some colder temps this weekend. Fingers crossed lol. We pretty much only had two weeks of actual winter this year so far. 😞 Nonetheless, I'm still out there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...