Note to New Members ×

kessler spectra

roch

Hey I am looking into the spectra and other than the manufacturer page It is quite difficult to find any info on the board. Anything would be great with all the slush and chop we deal with I'm not looking for a blue bird perfect groomer board.

Thanks

I owned a The Ride a few years back, and just by looking at the shape, I am confident that the Spectra is a different board. The Ride had a bigger nose and probably a softer profile. 
The attached picture was my The Ride. Take a closer look at the nose area. 

Weixin Image_20240129223841.jpg

Ive had both a 2014 Ride 168 and a Spectra 168 from 2023. 
The Ride was my favorite and most versatile board, I could ride the whole mountain and for a full day if I wanted to. I broke a Kessler Cross under warranty mid season last year so they were scarce. I took a spectra thinking it just had a name change. Also my Ride was cooked from all the base grinds over an 8 season period so I was kind of pumped to get another one and I needed something. 

The biggest difference is the top sheet and how the board performs. 
*The Ride had a glass topsheet, poppy in transitions , more playful, more forgiving and did well in deep powder. 

*The Spectra has rougher material for a topsheet, not sure of the name, kind of like a 200 grit sandpaper. It’s  more damp and slightly stiffer. So it grips the harder snow better especially boiler plate less chatter. 
IMO It is now more racey , less forgiving and less playful.

camber is the same, but the in the nose and tail, the ride started bending earlier. So the spectra has more effective edge . I think that happened due to a different topsheet material. 

for what I’m using a glass board for, i prefer the ride over the spectra. Spectra is still a sick board !!