Note to New Members ×

new board.. couldn't resist

Ernie00

Now I have 2 more reasons to pray for snow... after the new Madd (not in the picture) I picked up in may, I found yesterday at a local store a Hot blast 183 brand new for 220$. Couldn't resist. It's going to be hard to decide which one to try first.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2077&stc=1

post-1174-141842204516_thumb.jpg

ya I know, it's the worse to wait and see the boards at home... Both boards are so different. The Madd looks tiny next to the Hot. Good thing I'm leaving on vacation next week and then going away for work. Hopefully time will go flying and then when I come back I'll make the snow dance for an early winter !

WAIT! You violated the Prime Directive of carving: "Thou shalt not purchase new gear before the season starts!" Now the time before you can ride those boards will pass exponentially SLOWER!!! :D

Scott

The worst is when you get some great new gear and then the season is so crappy you barely get to ride it at all :eek:

I still haven't had enough time on most of last year's loot

Wow nice ride! At a great price too! Where did you get it? I know Oberson had some and they are getting rid of their alpine gear. I hope you can find some good places to open it up because anywhere in the province (especially around Montréal), it gets quite crowded in the weekends. Unless you are lucky enough to get to go riding during the week.

I usually go ride right after work at 3 pm and work in laval so st-sauveur / Avila is 35-40 min from work. So I can get a good 2 hours of not too crowded usually slope time. I never ride on weekend, it's way too crowded for me and dangerous.

Ya, I got it at oberson in Laval, now all they have are last years Hot and they are at 499 + tx (canadian) but I've been keeping an eye on this one for a while for the price to drop. Doupt that they are going to get some more this year.

Ya, I got it at oberson in Laval, now all they have are last years Hot and they are at 499 + tx (canadian) but I've been keeping an eye on this one for a while for the price to drop. Doupt that they are going to get some more this year.

It's what I though. Did they reopen their snowboard dept? I was waiting for it as someone here was maybe interested in a long Hot like this (maybe the one you bought :confused: )

I had my eye on that Hot 183 since I saw it at Oberson/Laval in April (it was selling for $500 at the time). I was going to go pick it up last Sunday, but got busy with other stuff, and decided to wait until another day. I didn't think they would actually sell that thing so early. :)

Not a big deal.

I'll go for a used Prior instead. But like Derf said, there isn't much place around Mtl to really use a big board like that. I'm looking for something more in the 175cm range.

I'll tell you what, we'll all get together one night and I'll let you try the Hot or madd and I can try the prior or other boards! We're all going to be happy campers !

I'm in! Although I only have a Nitro GTX, no fancy Prior, Hot or Madd to lend. :( And I ride goofy, which is the same as Ernie00 (as seen on the picture).