Note to New Members ×

Accidentally reshaped F2 speedster rs wc

Kasper

Hi, this is my first post in this forum so please correct me if i did something wrong, posted in the wrong section etc.

Some back story. I'm 18 yo snowboarder from Finland and have been snowboarding for about 10 years. The last 3 years with hardboots. The switch has been a game changer and i love it!

To the topic. I bought this snowboard used (for 120€ with bindings) about a year ago. And in the end of last season i had an accident in the powder. I was thankfully ok, but the snowboard took a slight bend in the nose.

I know its not a powder board, but when you got fresh pow you cant resist. Works ok if you got enough speed.

Before it was a traditional camber like almost all alpine snowboards. Now its more like a powder rocker or a different directional camber profile. 

I find it a really interesting combination the really narrow and stiff board with a more forgiving camber profile. Takes the park and freeride much better.

Would be interesting to see alpine snowboards offered with some more interesting camber profiles 

The board has a full metal core for stiffness, but i can say from experience that if it was a normal wood core snowboard it would have been in two peaces after the impact

And as a bonus I don't need to baby it any more. Now i can just send it, because it has already taken a beating 

green marks are new unloaded contact pointsspacer.png

spacer.png

HYsqKTl.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:33 PM, Kasper said:

... I know its not a powder board, but when you got fresh pow you cant resist. Works ok if you got enough speed.

... Before it was a traditional camber like almost all alpine snowboards. Now its more like a powder rocker or a different directional camber profile. 

I find it a really interesting combination the really narrow and stiff board with a more forgiving camber profile. Takes the park and freeride much better.

Would be interesting to see alpine snowboards offered with some more interesting camber profiles ..

Moi. Yeah, I once broke the nose of an SL board in deep snow - hit a log with it at high speed - mine was terminal, but it was glass.

For the more general case, you can definitely ride narrow "race boards" at resorts, if you have the balance, and often there's a solid base below whatever fresh you're on anyway. However, hard boots also work great on ordinary snowboards, which is my approach to that problem.

On 11/24/2023 at 5:33 AM, Kasper said:

Hi, this is my first post in this forum so please correct me if i did something wrong, posted in the wrong section etc.

Some back story. I'm 18 yo snowboarder from Finland and have been snowboarding for about 10 years. The last 3 years with hardboots. The switch has been a game changer and i love it!

To the topic. I bought this snowboard used (for 120€ with bindings) about a year ago. And in the end of last season i had an accident in the powder. I was thankfully ok, but the snowboard took a slight bend in the nose.

I know its not a powder board, but when you got fresh pow you cant resist. Works ok if you got enough speed.

Before it was a traditional camber like almost all alpine snowboards. Now its more like a powder rocker or a different directional camber profile. 

Would be interesting to see alpine snowboards offered with some more interesting camber profiles 

The board has a full metal core for stiffness, but i can say from experience that if it was a normal wood core snowboard it would have been in two peaces after the impact

And as a bonus I don't need to baby it any more. Now i can just send it, because it has already taken a beating 

green marks are new unloaded contact pointsspacer.png

spacer.png

HYsqKTl.jpeg

Hay, welcome! 

That was a great buy, for 120. 

It would still have wood core, the metal is 2 layes, above and below the core. It got bent, because metal can reach the point of plastic deformation (overbent, then it doesn't straighten completely), unlike the fibre composites. The wooden core still might, or not, have developed a crack. Try aggressively bending the board by hand and listen for any cracking/squeaking sounds. 

I have an old metaltop Volant that I have "redesigned" like that 🙂

BTW, that board probably already had a bit of early nose rise, but less noticeable than now. Most of the modern alpine boards do. Sometimes we call it nose de-camber (sometimes tail too). Anything more than that is not required, or desirable. 

Anyways, enjoy your alpine journey.