Note to New Members ×

OT: American Chopper Poll Question

mnfusion

Which bike launched American Chopper to fame  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike launched American Chopper to fame

• Black Widow Bike
    • Firefighter Bike

Is this some kind of joke? That show is a joke - the fact that those guys and bikes draws a crowd make me embarrassed to be an American.

I find it funny, informative, artisticly educational and entertaining...I can't beleive the creativity that they have...Would I want to own one? not likely...let me rephrase that, the bikes they make that I would like to ride are Paul Senior's Oldschool bob's not Paulie's Theme Bike creations but I'm kind of a Retro bike type guy. I watch to see what they create not so much for the antics

I find it funny, informative, artisticly educational and entertaining...I can't beleive the creativity that they have...Would I want to own one? not likely...let me rephrase that, the bikes they make that I would like to ride are Paul Senior's Oldschool bob's not Paulie's Theme Bike creations but I'm kind of a Retro bike type guy. I watch to see what they create not so much for the antics

I would have to say I feel about the same, although the antics can be funny too (if taken in the right light).

kt

I don't see anything wrong with them. They won't perform like a sportbike but who cares? If they're fun to build and ride, good for them.

I think I'd like to ride one just because it would be funny, but they sure don't look like you'd want to take them on much of a trip.

I like the shows where more real fabricating is involved, the OCC guys seem to be more in the business of welding decorations on the bikes. I thought the whole idea of a chopper was to take off all the pieces you don't need, and maybe make your own tank, bars, whatever you can build yourself. I like to watch guys like Billy Lane and his filthy, B.O. saturated friends bend sheetmetal over their knees to make gas tanks and fenders.