Note to New Members ×

GS board wanted approx 178-185

ZenBoardn

I'm looking for a GS board for East Coast/ New England GS racecourses. My weight, 225lbs height 6'3", my current quiver, a prior swallow tail 183, still stiff after 20 years, a Kessler 185 - I'm just not crazy about how slow it transitions between gates, a 20 year old 178 ultra prime, this has worked the best on these courses. A Volkyl ren tiger 173 and a prior wcr 169 both used on SL's I've tried Vist plates and they just add too much weight. I'm currently using F2 step ins. Oh if it matters my boot size is 30.5 so a wider board would work. Can anybody help me out on this One? Thanks, race camp starts in the first week of December.

Cool.  If it doesn't work out I will be listing a custom Kessler 180, 21cm waist, 15m equivalent radius, with some hook to finish the turn unlike a GS board.  I've used it with success in beer league.  Phenomenal board, I just got a Winterstick Squaretail 185 late last season that I like a little better.

@ZenBoardn first time i saw him riding it, i thought he was on a k68. it's custom and should be priced like the housing market. just kidding. honest community around here. maybe i'll bump into you at K. might be doing a few days there this year if i can work out my lodging deal.

Edited by dhamann

I have $1800 into it and I used it part time for 2 seasons along with 3 other boards.  I would need to get $1000 for it plus shipping.  I won't be able too take pics until I get back up to the mountain in the coming weeks.  Thanksgiving at the latest.  Here's a pic of it in action at MCC.

Cannot believe I'm selling it as it was my favorite board ever.  You'd appreciate the 21cm waist.

Hey, random thought: I got Coiler ECVC, that's close to what you're looking for: 180cm long, 21cm wide. Was made to resemble GS boards, but 5cm, shorter and 1cm wider, with smaller 14-18m radius built for 210-230lb rider. Extra inserts for 4x4 plates (on the outside).  Black ptex top.

It's fun board for allmountain or euro or for USASA racing that I've done. I'm riding very narrow and crazy boards now. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 7:30 PM, ZenBoardn said:

I'm looking for a GS board for East Coast/ New England GS racecourses. My weight, 225lbs height 6'3", my current quiver, a prior swallow tail 183, still stiff after 20 years, a Kessler 185 - I'm just not crazy about how slow it transitions between gates, a 20 year old 178 ultra prime, this has worked the best on these courses. A Volkyl ren tiger 173 and a prior wcr 169 both used on SL's I've tried Vist plates and they just add too much weight. I'm currently using F2 step ins. Oh if it matters my boot size is 30.5 so a wider board would work. Can anybody help me out on this One? Thanks, race camp starts in the first week of December.

We have a couple demos in the rack at winterstick, come try one we are at sugarloaf….. @Jack M has a few to his specs if you don’t want to mess around with an allflex his shape might be the way to go, the caveat is you’d have to have us build one unless you can get jack to sell…. 

“Winterstick has your back with 25% off proform deals. Pipe, Slope, Boarder Cross, All Mountain Freestyle, Powder — our boards are built to take you where you want to go.

*Ready to ride and get your discount? Just email us a copy of a valid USASA membership and we will get you dialed in.”