Note to New Members ×

Setting up Deeluxe 325’s with Intec heels question

CB Utah

Quick question for whoever uses Intec heels with Deeluxe boots; did you drill out a hole in the shell for the release cable to exit out the top portion of the boot where the handle is connected or just run it up the inside between the liner and the hard shell?    I ask because the instructions mentioned drilling a 6.5 mm hole and there’s a molded in area on the upper hard shell cuff, on the outboard side of each boot.  
The holes in the soles were a perfect fit and my question doesn’t involve them.  Hopefully this is clearly explained.

I tried searching on the forum for intec set up but I failed.

Thanks

It is better to pass the cable through the triangular hole behind the top buckle instead of from the top of the cuff. If it exits from the top, you may fold the cable each time you lean against it, and it can break there. 

Also, I had the issue that the cable created a pressure point near my ankle. I solved that by removing the lower half of the cable outer casing (so the steel wire just ran unprotected between shell and liner).

• Thanks 1

Yeah it looks like the 6.5 mm refers to the boot heel if the boots do not have inserts.  My mistake.  On page 8 of the F2 plate binding manual, it shows the Bowden cable exiting a slot on the upper side of the boot cuff.  That slot roughly corresponds to an indentation on the inside of the boot plastic, on the outboard portion of both of my Deeluxe boots.  Thanks for the warning about repeated folding and subsequent breaking.  

61D3ED4F-9C03-4570-8ADC-7542D49CEB3E.jpeg

CB631408-83F7-4960-8A4D-A87E4E6ED31A.jpeg

(My first post in here! Anyway)

I drilled a small hole on the first boot but the cable did not sit in the internal slot anyway and it came out slanted from the boot, so I didn't do it for my other boot. I never seen or tried the cable passing in the existing hole (if my boots have it, I need to check) but I'll try it out. Pros of having the cable loose is that it stays more against the leg and imho it's more comfortable. The con is that in long days it can wander around along the calf and you could find it somewhere else like past the rear of the boot.