Note to New Members ×

rode a Sims Burner 197 today (with a world class tune)

davekempmeister

It was amazing for 5 runs when chairs first loaded 0800 and then some other folks showed up.  it needs ALL the space, of course.  
Stay on the nose and it is more cooperative and predictable than I intuit when I am just standing over it.  
The way the tail finishes the turn is a special sensation, for sure.  some lightening at the end is just what I need these days, anyway.

It is in amazing condition for its age and Rennstall @ Deer Valley tuned it beautifully and really brought it to life. 

a couple of years ago, I was lapping Silverlode or Motherlode at PC on this Burner and saw Billy Bordy with his family.  I would have loved it if he could have jumped on it and shown me what it is really capable of.  He had several over the years - broke the tail on each, if I recall.

13 hours ago, Jack M said:

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:02 AM, carvedog said:

Well….if it was too special for you, I know a carver in Idaho who love to create some room in your quiver for something else. I still love this board more than is reasonable.

Hi Carvedog.

the Burner will most likely stay with me but if i do ever decide to sell it, you are first in line.  I wouldn’t forget you- I remember that you picked up my Supermodel that was standing around unused.  best to you.

8 hours ago, davekempmeister said:

Hi Carvedog.

the Burner will most likely stay with me but if i do ever decide to sell it, you are first in line.  I wouldn’t forget you- I remember that you picked up my Supermodel that was standing around unused.  best to you.

Hey Dave.....thanks so much for the consideration. I love that Supermodel so much. It went to MCC with me and I ripped about 8 runs in Sundance(?) bowl. When I wasn't hard carving it was also my shooting board. Thanks again for the great board and I hope you keep finding the space and empty runs to enjoy that Burner. I have had six of the 197s and 5 of the 188s. No matter how careful it always seems to end in sadness but my God the rides I have had on those boards. Cheers. 

• Like 1