Note to New Members ×

MountainCreek 2022/2023

jtslalom

Mountain Creek is now open from top to bottom with a few trails. There are a few ways down the mountain now and more trails are opening every day. We have had a string of cold temps these past few days and MC has taken advantage by making snow. Most trails have snow making on them so make sure to bring your goggles. All in all trail conditions are decent. Trail widths aren't quite where they should be but I am hoping after a few more days of making snow they should be at their maximum width. I rode today 12/27/22 and got the first lift up. By my third run I called it quits due in part to the massive crowds. If you plan on riding this week you may want to consider getting there as early as possible and leaving early as well. It will be crowded.

Jt

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kneel said:

Well alright. 👍 Any of the other unicorns out there or just you?  I'm assuming the first hour+.5 before the goons arrived? 

Not many goons since it was a Wednesday. No wait at lift or for fries. 

3 minutes ago, Kneel said:

Well alright. 👍 Any of the other unicorns out there or just you?  I'm assuming the first hour+.5 before the goons arrived? 

It made me want to order an 8rw. 

37 minutes ago, Mr Wonton said:

Not many goons since it was a Wednesday. No wait at lift or for fries. 

It made me want to order an 8rw. 

Not for THAT place. 🤪

Word on the street is that Mr. Miller is whipping up something special for us icecoasters. 👍 I'd never tell you to NOT order an 8RW, because that is a special board, but you may want to save a few sheckles just in case...

20 minutes ago, Kneel said:

Not for THAT place. 🤪

Word on the street is that Mr. Miller is whipping up something special for us icecoasters. 👍 I'd never tell you to NOT order an 8RW, because that is a special board, but you may want to save a few sheckles just in case...

Yes. For that place and that place only especially for Saturday afternoons. I wonder what Mark could be working on….

• 2 weeks later...

Conditions at MC!

WOW!!!!!! We barely have snow. Today is Thursday 2/2/23 and I have only been on the snow for 5 days. Not since the 1998 season have I ever had only 5 days on the snow by now. Conditions have been HORRIBLE! Hats off to MC for their effort to keep the slopes maintained however its an effort in futility. They really haven't had much of a chance to make snow. Well this week things will change. We have a four day opportunity to make snow and MC is taking full advantage of this. Blowers are on full blast and I am hoping to be out tonight and every day for the next few days and/or nights. Hopefully this cold spell will give MC enough time to open up some new slopes because up to this point its pitiful.

Jt

Edited by jtslalom
no signature

Riding has been decent over the last few days. The cold snap last weekend (2/4/23) gave MC the chance to make some snow. It helped! I rode twice since then and conditions have been ok, however the conditions will get much worse over the next few days with the warmer temps in place. Get while the gettin is good because snow conditions at MC do not look good.

Jt

Someone reminded me that my value pass not only gave me weekend access, but also an 8:00am start time, a full hour to avoid the throngs waiting to get their Creek on at 9. I'm not gonna say "it wasn't that bad", because, well, it was. Was good to see and ride with @Mr Wontonoutdoors for once, although it's looking like the Mall might be the only game in town with the mid 50's and rain forecast for the end of the week.  Glad he convinced me to go.  Bonus was that I didn't die. 👍

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kneel said:

Someone reminded me that my value pass not only gave me weekend access, but also an 8:00am start time, a full hour to avoid the throngs waiting to get their Creek on at 9. I'm not gonna say "it wasn't that bad", because, well, it was. Was good to see and ride with @Mr Wontonoutdoors for once, although it's looking like the Mall might be the only game in town with the mid 50's and rain forecast for the end of the week.  Glad he convinced me to go.  Bonus was that I didn't die. 👍

Was good seeing you too while being outside! I don’t want to be a mall rat just yet but things are looking grim. Going in august is one thing, mid February is a bubbling caldron of shit. 

• 3 weeks later...

Minisesh this morning for me at the Creek.  Met up with Señor Wonton which is always fun. Conditions were meh. Supposedly I was leaving some Mario depth trenches to which the Wonton discovered, to his obvious dismay and my apparent giggly joy. Felt good to be out on the Thirst SF.  Both of us actually.  What are the odds of two SF's cranking turns in the DIrty Jerz at the same time? Such a wonderfully turny little bastard.  Can't wait for the Thirst "Jeff Gillooly" Signature model to be released. 👍 

12 minutes ago, Kneel said:

Minisesh this morning for me at the Creek.  Met up with Señor Wonton which is always fun. Conditions were meh. Supposedly I was leaving some Mario depth trenches to which the Wonton discovered, to his obvious dismay and my apparent giggly joy. Felt good to be out on the Thirst SF.  Both of us actually.  What are the odds of two SF's cranking turns in the DIrty Jerz at the same time? Such a wonderfully turny little bastard.  Can't wait for the Thirst "Jeff Gillooly" Signature model to be released. 👍 

Was a hoot to ride with you as usual.  Don’t forget the Thirst Mallrat model. It’s a quiver killer, providing its august and you’re in Dirty Jersey. 

What am I doing with my life. 😐  Another Friday morn at Creek with the Wonton. First chair. They made snow, "Yay!" I guess. Wasn't the typical teeth-rattling ice morning so we proceeded the wreck the place. At times I wasn't sure if I was carving down to ice or bedrock. I felt kinda bad for all the old folks skiing through our trail of destruction, but it passed. 👍 A couple of systems to move through, one being a noreaster so hopefully they get a little help to extend this dismal season...

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

What am I doing with my life. 😐  Another Friday morn at Creek with the Wonton. First chair. They made snow, "Yay!" I guess. Wasn't the typical teeth-rattling ice morning so we proceeded the wreck the place. At times I wasn't sure if I was carving down to ice or bedrock. I felt kinda bad for all the old folks skiing through our trail of destruction, but it passed. 👍 A couple of systems to move through, one being a noreaster so hopefully they get a little help to extend this dismal season...

It’s nice to know that spending your morning with me makes you question what you’re doing with your life. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...