Note to New Members ×

OT: Motorcycles

LeeW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to post my ride, but I can't. It was towed out of my parking lot by the building manager on April 1st for expired tabs! Keep in mind it was legally parked and wasn't even dry or warm enough to ride yet. No one told me. I thought it was stolden. By the time I got notice from the tow company my bill was over $1000 and being that I am a student I didn't have that kind of money. So I left it there.

It was a 1976 Yamaha XS500 modified into a cafe racer. I loved that bike, but now I need to save up for a new one. Maybe next year I'll have the money for a new bike.

Speedzilla what sort of life expectancy motor wise are you getting out of the wr 250 while motarding(spelling?)

Kind of curious as was eyeballing an 05 wr 450 for similar use.

Dave*

It's an '02 and I haven't even had to adjust the valves. Just popped in some Hot Cams this spring, so it's probably due for another valve check soon.

From my experiences, the Yamahas are pretty bulletproof. There was a sweet WR450 supermoto for sale in the Minneapolis area. It was listed on my supermoto forum at http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com