Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Carve Camp June -3-5

mtnpig

Yeah I am going to be there. Mtnpig, you're Gavin right? I think we met once or twice on the slopes.

When I spoke with Snowperformance, they said there were so many people interested that they may be adding a 3rd coach. There are between 15-20 people signed up (or signing up)! They keep the carver/coach ratio below 6:1.

Guest Randy S.

Last I heard they had recruited Mark Harris to be a coach for this. That will make this an awesome camp for anyone lookiing for race instruction as well as carving instruction. Mark is one of the best coaches I've met. You won't be dissapointed. Plus the snow should be great in Mammoth in a month. And the days will be super long so you can go mtn biking, go to hot springs, whatever. You'll have a blast.

All,

Currently we have 10 paid registrations. Another half dozen or so have told us they are very interested in attending. Since we are committed to small group sizes, we will cap the numbers at 12 and wait list any additional interested folks. If we get to 15 we will contact another coach and attempt to add on a third group. The bottom line is that time is getting tight on logistics so please don't delay in contacting us if you are still serious about joining us . Mark Harris is definitely coming, so you racer chasers ought to have alot of fun screaming around the hill with him.

The conditions are looking great and it looks like we will have a very fun group so I look forward to seeing some of you on the hill this summer.

Regards,

Sean

snowperformance

Hey Nekdut, yeah I'm Gavin. I remeber meeting you once at the Little Eagle parking lot. I'm looking forward in trying to follow Mark Harris. He was great to work with. I did the camp in 03 at Sun Peaks as an entry into carving and it was a tremendous help. It will be interesting to see how much improvement I've made since then.

Guest newmediasoup

Just curious if Tioga Pass will be open by then.

I live in the bay area and the drive over might be a little long if I have to go through Reno and down.

Anyone know if it would be safe for me plan on it being open?

How late is Mammoth open for carving anyways... The last day in June?

Thanks,

Joel

Guest Randy S.

The pass will most likely be open then. The past few years its been open at some point in May. Although we do have a lot more snow this year. Even if its closed, there are alternate passes (Monitor? - can't recall the name) that are options. You should try posting over on Tahoecarvers. I know some of the folks there are going to the camp (Dane and some guys from Modesto for sure). I wish I were going.

All,

We do in fact have two groups already booked. If we get 4 more riders (that would be three in addition to Gary) we will do our very best to add on a third. It will be exceedingly tough to get a well qualified alpine coach on very short notice so if you still would like to attend we need to hear from you very soon.

On the bright side, Mammoth just got another couple of feet of snow so conditions are looking sweet.:)

Thanks,

Sean

snowperformance

Tim,

I will have two sets of Bomber TD2 demos - one step in and one clamp- with 0,3 and 6 degree disks as well as an assortment of Donek axis, freecarve and hopefully a couple of race decks. Once I hear back from Sean I will send out a full list of what will be on hand via email to all the participants. Look forward to seeing you again.

-Sean

All,

We have two full groups with a couple of folks on the standby list for a third group. I talked with Mike Jacoby and he will be able to join in as a coach should we get a couple more riders registered.

Many of you probably know Mike's background, but for those who don't, he has been the world cup overall champion in both slalom and GS and most recently member of the 1998 Olympic team at Nagano. This is a great opportunity to learn freeride and race tips from someone who has literally been at the very top of the sport.

Again, if we get two more riders we move to three groups. We are rapidly approaching the hard cut off time to guarantee lodging and slope space so if you are still interested please go to the snowperformance site and contact Gavin ASAP.

Thanks,

Sean

snowperformance