Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe 325 punch?

DMKW

I bought a new pair of Deeluxe 325 boots and took them to a boot fitter to have them punched (my foot is shaped like a fly swatter). The technician advised that the plastic on the 325s was resistant to stretching and likely wouldn't move much.  He recommended punching my older (but still good) Head Stratos Pros instead as they would stretch significantly more.  I took the advice, had the Heads punched, and may just sell the 325s. Before I put them on the market, I'm curious if anyone has encountered issues punching 325s? 

Thanks in advance!

What liner are you using? The liners that come with deeluxe are garbage (even the palau ones). I have messed up feet and all I need is a mold.

Fwiw. I exceed 6E width in certain parts of my foot and even downsized to 24mp... and ride Deeluxe 425s.

The liners that came w the 325 boots were the non-thermofit version.  So they're complete garbage. It is hard to believe anyone could use them.  Instead I'm going w intuition pro wrap (or power wrap?) this year. They might be more stiff then needed, so I'm probably not done messing around.  

And just to confirm what might be obvious...you had the 425s punched w/o issue?  The shop I visited in whistler said I could expect very little expansion in the 325s.  

On 7/22/2022 at 11:18 PM, Odd Job said:

What liner are you using? The liners that come with deeluxe are garbage (even the palau ones). I have messed up feet and all I need is a mold.

Fwiw. I exceed 6E width in certain parts of my foot and even downsized to 24mp... and ride Deeluxe 425s.

Deeluxes come with the Palau liners? Or you just saying that Palau liners are garbage?

6 hours ago, b.free said:

Deeluxes come with the Palau liners? Or you just saying that Palau liners are garbage?

The liners that come with a Deeluxe boot are horrible and shouldn't even be included. I did try a Palau liner in the former Bomber shop; yeah it wasn't good at all, and it was likely a low-end budget bs version.

And yeah, the 425 boots have an option to include a Palau liner; I would just buy whatever is cheapest and buy a liner separately, even if it's that much more expensive.

Edited by Odd Job

6 hours ago, Odd Job said:

The liners that come with a Deeluxe boot are horrible and shouldn't even be included. I did try a Palau liner in the former Bomber shop; yeah it wasn't good at all, and it was likely a low-end budget bs version.

And yeah, the 425 boots have an option to include a Palau liner; I would just buy whatever is cheapest and buy a liner separately, even if it's that much more expensive.

I dont know about old stuff from former Bomber shop, but modern liners from Palau are amazingly good.

• Like 1

remind me of the joke:
Pay once and cry once. (/r/buyitforlife)

Feet/fit are so personal; it's a thin line between love/hate, heaven/hell.  I like the stock Track700 (heat moldable) liners; Dalbello gold wrap liner is even better.
some love the stock UPZ liners; most hate it. 

Had the track700 stretch/punch out (toe box) without issue.  With our boots; most boot fitter don't have much experience with the plastic so some might be more conservative. 

• Like 1

I had a crappy many years old, but never used intuition liners. They had an intuition logo on them. With the AF700 boot (pre track 700); I had to get a bunch of boot work done including stretching the shell.

Modern Intuition power wrap? No punch ever, on any of the Track 700/425 boots. My feet are wider than most people's size US 10+ feet, and in the wrong spots, but I wear 24MP boot. The liners pack out where it counts.

I tried being cheap one time and using the thermoflex liners that came with the Deeluxes. They didn't pack out enough and the flex was too soft, and felt all furry. I wonder if it's like wearing a pair of Uggs during pumpkin spice weather.

Edited by Odd Job

My 425 are very similar and my guy punched them to 106/108mm to accommodate my 4E foot. He took it slow so as not to get them sloppy but never got panicky about breakage. My feet are 11.5/4E and the 425 are size 27. I use them with Intuition Dreamliners and it's a great setup.