Note to New Members ×

05-06 Rad-Air Tanker Graphics

svr

Just got back from Stuben, Austria for the Longboard Classic and thought some of you might like to see some quick pics of the new Tankers. It will be available in both bases and it rides awesome.

speed is your friend...

post-420-141842203922_thumb.jpg

The event went well, but no new snow and the conditions were a bit warm so no powder but the partying and riding with longboarders from all over the world was outstanding. You can check out some of the pics from the event at www.longboardclassic.com. Spent a week there and hiked and rode in Engleberg, Switzerland and Lech, Zurs, and Stuben, Austria. Had some new snow a couple days but weather was to warm for it to stay long and good corn/spring snow on the other days. As for the new tankers, yes there is more carbon and flex pattern has changed a little. Board shape is slightly different than previous models and tracks straight awesome and holds an edge better as well. I will attach a few more pics.

post-420-141842203926_thumb.jpg

Really nice site. Here is the link to the english site. I think your link has an extra period on it. It didn't work when I tried it. Longboard Classic Link/ English Excellent site, excellent old school boards and clothing. Huge turnout!! Very cool. Thanks . Bryan

Wow! That would be so fun to go to the Longboard Classic. Thats my way to live life. Traveling, chasing storms and riding longboards. Thanks for the update. I just rode my Tanker yesterday up on Palmer. yep, it rips. I just gotta find a way to go to that event every year.

Jim,

Most (98%) of the riders there were on softies, but it was kind of neat to see that 90% of the old school riders where on some form of plate binding setup. I had a lot of interesting looks and questions about my Catek Freerides as most there had never seen them before. The start of the contest is about a 300m run (LeMans style) through snow so that is why most ride softies. As for a US/Canadian LBC the thought is and has been kicked around a bit and is still under discussion...but I hope that it happens as well.

cheers,

sandy

post-420-141842203936_thumb.jpg

That probably has allot to do with the fact that early in European Snowboard history most riders in Europe were on plates. Soft boots was a US thing. Even in Salom, GS and Downhill. It wasn't untill Mike Jacoby went to plates and brought the win "Home" to the USA. Prior to that. Europeans totally dominated the alpine events. The USA dominated all the freestyle "Soft Boot" events.

You Carve, You Carve, You Carve days of PJ and Jean Nerva.

Even Chris Sanders of Avalanche bet the farm on plates. The USA riders were not having it!! It was a tough blow for them.

Sandy - Did you score a few of those white Tanker t-shirts?

I found the new distributor info too. Although we all have better connections than that. ha! I wish!

I've been very lucky to get mine.

Rad Air

3588 Riverside Drive

Columbus, OH 43221

(614) 451-0081, fax (614)586-0031

www.rad-air.com

usa@rad-air.com

isn't Harry one of the founders of RA?

Slopetool, yes I got a shirt from Harry, but sorry I don't have any extras. You are right, Harry and Paul started Rad-Air and Harry is still charging hard and proving that small company innovation can still be at the front of the industry development along with a lot of other guys out there. Glad to see that word is getting around about the new US/Canadian Distributer and hope that they have good sales and can keep tankers coming into the north america. The red boards for 05-06 don't look that good in the photo I posted, but when you see them on the hill they look awesome and are quite a bit different to ride than previous models. The gray base in the photo is my board and I am going to get another one with a red base this fall when the dealer shipments are made. The contact for Rad-Air USA/Canada should be Al Cabral and they have a toll free number as well: 1-888-4radair. Also rad-air is still making a wheeled board bag for 200cm boards with gear, boot, and tool bags (tools not included) inside it that is well worth the cash for those looking for bags for airplane travel. Hope you get a chance to see/ride/own one of the new models as they are really good.

speed is your friend...

Shameless plug but we have Tankers for sale under our Powder Days section.

We have a good relationship with Rad Air and can get special order product if its avalible. And have several models in stock at discounted prices.

Also I would be stoked to have a long board classic here in the US I know several guys who love there Tankers and would love to open them up with others. If this event Happen please contact Hardbooter.com we would love to particapate!

Billy