Note to New Members ×

Why Snowboarders think Skiers are GEEKS!

dr. sandman

YESSS!

If this makes no sense, follow Jack's advice and rent Napoleon Dynamite.

I'll bet he's got a pair of matching moon boots waiting down at the car... and I'll bet he takes those skiis off some "sweet jumps."

VOTE FOR PEDRO!!

When you say try something different, and upon closer examination of the Boarder looking at the Skier, is it my imagination or is he looking at the Bunzone, and back to your statement about trying something different--what are you saying?

bumpyride - Dude/dudette,

you have way too much time on your hands.... like the discussion on Nap Dyn.... don't overthink it.:cool: It is kind of funny though - be it known I have no idea who the boarder or the neonite are. Maybe they WERE together in some funky-wrong kind of way!!

That neon guy has got skills! The boarder dude is probably going to invite the skier dude down to the lodge to dine on a delicious bass he just caught! That picture is way cool, probably took you 3 hours just to get the shading on his upper lip just right......Rock on Napoleon!

:D

Paul

p.s. Dan, how was Colorado? Did you take the Tiger?

Sandman, you're so right. I'm stuck in the middle of Wisconsin, and I live in Seattle Tacoma area. I've been here two months taking care of my Mom, so anything I can get going, that is a little distraction, is worth it.

Aside from that we all make little faux paux', that are sometimes picked up by others, that we totally missed ourselves. This was just kind of one of those cases, and it just fit so well.

And Retro is just another one of those things that you can do to distance yourself from the crowd. After all how many baggy pants and oversized olive drab, tan and navy jackets can you look at, without seeing the "Hordes of Hell", sideslipping down the hills.

Cya and enjoy the summer.

Hate to mention it, but dayglo is back-you'll be seeing more of it next year....

I knew if I waited long enough, my 15 year old parka would be "cool" again...

As for watching bums-the guy's costume is just black at the bum-I stared at it too because the rest of the suit gave me a migraine

Paul,

p.s. Dan, how was Colorado? Did you take the Tiger?

CO was AWESOME!!! So was the RT!! I placed 10th in GS, 12th in SL (missed the course inspection :confused: ) and 10th in Alpine Combined!!! The Tiger is an awsome blade - very forgiving, but stays where you put it. Daughter did well also, 14th in GS, unfortunately went over a stubby in the SL and DQ'd. She also was awarded a small (but much appreciated) scholarship. Given the caliber of competition we encountered, we are very proud of the results. (see "thanks Bomber" for some other info)

p.s. IF ANYONE WANTS AN AWSOME BOARD, GET IN TOUCH W/ AR(ANGEL TO GET ONE OF THE VOLKL STICKS FOR A GREAT PRICE!!!!;)