Note to New Members ร—

Board prep in Truckee/Northstar/Squaw?

Comapedrosa

Hey Coma,ย  ย  I'm back at Squaw this year soย  yeah if your just talking just a wax and sharpen edges in Truckee I've had my boards at Tahoe Sports Hub andย  Arbor Board House...............no problems.

If you need edge angles changed and or base grind or razor sharp ceramic sharpening I go to Smooth Rides on the far side of town out past the rec. center going to towards Sierraville.ย 

You seen the forecast?ย  ย Edges aren't going to do you much good with the predicted 80+ inches were supposed to getย  from Tues. 21- Tues.27th!ย ย 

Powdaaa Baby!ย  Your gonna need to get ya a Demo Moss Snowstick from the Tahoe Sports Hub to ride out this storm!!

• Like 2

I donโ€™t think my best tuning guy Soren is working anymore, I think he went back to Romania. I took board a couple time to Start House at Truckee. They did good job but pretty expensive, but I got spoiled with Soren. Once I left board at Granite Chief and I was not happy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, barryj said:

Hey Coma,ย  ย  I'm back at Squaw this year soย  yeah if your just talking just a wax and sharpen edges in Truckee I've had my boards at Tahoe Sports Hub andย  Arbor Board House...............no problems.

If you need edge angles changed and or base grind or razor sharp ceramic sharpening I go to Smooth Rides on the far side of town out past the rec. center going to towards Sierraville.ย 

You seen the forecast?ย  ย Edges aren't going to do you much good with the predicted 80+ inches were supposed to getย  from Tues. 21- Tues.27th!ย ย 

Powdaaa Baby!ย  Your gonna need to get ya a Demo Moss Snowstick from the Tahoe Sports Hub to ride out this storm!!

Awesome, we must meet up!! Thanks for the good data points!

And yeah, neither snow nor edges are the pb right now. Only wondering if all the tourists are going to make it tough to drive up right after xmas (my current plan).

3 hours ago, Ladia said:

I donโ€™t think my best tuning guy Soren is working anymore, I think he went back to Romania. I took board a couple time to Start House at Truckee. They did good job but pretty expensive, but I got spoiled with Soren. Once I left board at Granite Chief and I was not happy.

Good advice! will put Start House on the list. Thank you

Ha!ย  the guys that were at Smooth Rides were originally at Blue Zone.....so going independant as just a tuning shop must have not worked out and they went back to Blue Zone.

Blue Zone is in the little strip across the street from the Mcdonalds in Truckee.

• 11 months later...

Start Haus is best option imo....but even for just a tune.....aka: wax and sharpen existing edges they want board sans binders!ย  ย It's a pain but they do best consistent quality.........and it will be 1/2 edges unless you ask for something else!

Good luck!