Note to New Members ×

163 Nidecker Megalight

ktv

Waist - ~25.5cm

This is about a 2011? Nidecker Megalight.

It's the fatter cake eating sibling to the same era Proto All Mountain version that carves very well. But this also floats in powder very well. The Megalight and Ultralight are powder boards that carve well. I occasionally used it as a carver, tried it in powder once. 

Base is very good with light scratches, top sheet good, a few light marks from before I bought it. Comes with stomp pad and tail protection.

$200 plus shipping.

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No, the tail protection can be removed.

It's Dakine Spikes cut up, but they changed the adhesive maybe 5-6 years ago. The adhesive sticks to your board, but doesn't stick to the stomp pad material. So I peel off the adhesive and use silicone caulk to adhere it instead. I have it on all my boards.

It's removable with Goo Be Gone.

• 4 weeks later...

I do love my Megalights.  I still have 4 in service.
A 2008 167 XL (same vintage as the pic, having the aluminum onlays, 9.5m, 265mm wide)
A 2010 163 XL (same vintage as the pic, having the aluminum onlays, 8.2m, 260mm wide)
A 2014 163 XL (camrock version, 8.2m, 260mm wide)
A 2020 161 (one width for all, 7.8m, 256 wide)

I think the old ones with full camber and the aluminum onlays were the best handling.  But alas, with size 12 softboots, I want the XL from those years.  The non-wide 163 was 7.2m and 263mm wide.  Someone should get this board; highly recommend it as a surfy powder shape that handles tracked and bumped up resort snow really well while still having good edge hold.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:19 AM, ktv said:

No, the tail protection can be removed.

It's Dakine Spikes cut up, but they changed the adhesive maybe 5-6 years ago. The adhesive sticks to your board, but doesn't stick to the stomp pad material. So I peel off the adhesive and use silicone caulk to adhere it instead. I have it on all my boards.

It's removable with Goo Be Gone.

Curious about the tail protection... while in lift lineup recently, had a skier come across mine and a buddy's tails.  Is that what this helps protect against?  Or is there another purpose?  

12 hours ago, slabber said:

Curious about the tail protection... while in lift lineup recently, had a skier come across mine and a buddy's tails.  Is that what this helps protect against?  Or is there another purpose?  

Yes, that's exactly what it's for. I ride on a 300' hill. Therefore, I spend a lot of time in the lift line with people riding up your tail constantly. I have protection on all of my boards like this.

• Like 1