Note to New Members ×

OT: I'm in love

skatha

I saw a Dynastar 4807 at the shop where I had my board rewaxed while in CO and I can't stop thinking about it-It was beautiful....

It was also 178 cm long-I'm 167 cm long-er, tall....

Is a swallowtail that's 11 cm taller than me going to be too hard to muscle around, will our relationship be doomed from the start, like my first marriage???

I need a clear head to give me some feedback...

Guest Randy S.

They make a 168 (or 167) version of that board. That sounds like a marriage made in (powder) heaven. Search for 4807 and you'll find lots of comments on this board. If you look hard online you'll proabably find one cheap. If the shop was selling that 178 cheap (less than $100), buy it and post it here. You'll be able to make $25 and make someone happy.

I haven't gotten it yet...I checked the Dynastar website-the 4807 is ONLY available in the 178 this year-the toprsheet is cool-with a woodgrain pattern and a mountain etching effect...

I've seen O-sin 168's on ebay-topsheet is all white and ho-hum...

I may be slipping--I just called the place in Fraser where I found it. I was told I could get a "deal" on it............ahhhhhhh, resolve is slipping away...

My parents are still there-I could get mom to pick up the board and leave it at the cabin....

I've planned this out too well.....

When I call back, I'll find out how many they have left-2 when I was there:D

If it's less than $5500, it'll be cheaper than my divorce!!!!

Originally posted by Crave2carve

I was checking out the internet and came across brand new O Sin 4807 Swallow tail powder boards new unused in the wrapper for only $157 delivered to your door! A quick check on google will pull up the vender that has over 90 of these babies. Why pay retail?

Lemme guess - more 168s?

No wonder Dynastar didn't make any 168s this year - seems like there are enough from previous season on the market to last a few year. Seems like the same is true of last year's Burton Fish 150 - easy to find for about $120 brand new on eBay or elsewhere, so Burton didn't make any for '05.

Those o-sins seem to be "on the block" by the same dood....

I went ahead and bought the 178.....

But I may pick up the 168 as well and have a "ride off" next year:D

Seeing as many of you guys are in to racing motorcycles, my shopping habit is CHEAP!!!!

Originally posted by skatha

Seeing as many of you guys are in the racing motorcycles, my shopping habit is CHEAP!!!!

I tell my wife the exact same thing ;)

Actually, she owns almost as much snowboard gear as I do. Some of it is a case of me shopping for her - like when I couldn't resist the Fish 150 I saw on eBay last summer.

She has enough friends with motorcycles in the family to understand that a quiver is harmless though :)

My ex husband and I used to share the "cheap racecar" (classic racing in a hotted up Fiat). I soon learned that "cheap racecar" , like "cheap motorcycle" is an urban myth. With $200 gearbox replacements every 2 meetings, $600 tyre replacements every 4, and the endless engine mods and "had to haves", it was the money pit from hell. (Diabolical fun, but damn expensive).

Sounds like you're well on the way to developing a snowboard habit, Cindy. You go girl ... I plan to work on mine next season ... when I get better and stop trashing my boards so much.