Note to New Members ×

I have seen it all now!

Steph

I could not resist posting this!! This past weekend was the US Open at Stratton, and usually brings out some characters. So, I'm standing in the lift line, and out of the corner of my eye, I notice a guy 2 lines over dressed in lots of neon attire. I look down at his feet and notice a pair of Burton Shadows. I look down to see the board and couldn't make out the model, but it was definately an 80's circa Burton board. Then I looked at the bindings, Burton rat traps I believe. Here's the best part...the bindings were mounted DUCK FOOT! Yeah, that's right DUCK FOOT:eek: Can you say knee injury.

I was laughing so hard, I'm sure this guy heard me. I tried to pull my eyes away, but couldn't. I really wanted to say something, but wasn't sure what to say at all really. What do you say to someone like this???

I had to share this story.

Guest jeremiah

I saw a couple guys bashing moguls on old Burton Asym boards. Was trying to catch them to talk to them but couldn't time my runs correctly.

I also saw a guy in a neon one-piece in the village Sunday. I said 'Nice suit' and he didn't respond. My wife thinks that he really wears that regularly and wasn't wearing it for irony or ol-skool props. I say it's funny, even if he isn't in on the joke.

Oh, and you were tearing it up under AmEx Steph!

Jeremiah

I was actually trying to get on the lift w/this guy, so could chat w/him. Didn't work out though. I highly doubt that his bindings were mounted duck foot as a gag (pretty scary)

There were lots of one-piece, neon outfits this weekend. The Open brings them all to the surface! Which brings me to my next idea: 80's day at Stratton on 4/2. We know that we all have neon in the back of our closets!! Get it out and lets rip it up 80's style. Who's in?????

Neon will be back in style ... just you wait and see! Back in the day (When I was @ 15-16 years old) I had a neon yellow/green/pink SunIce parka and matching ski pants. SWEET! Totally Wicked! I'd wear those, but I've grown since then. Up, not out!

And, unfortunately, neon went out of style just when I needed new gear.

:D

I actually think wearing neon while carving would make carving safer! I can't tell you how many colisions I narrowly avoided (And witnessed) on Saturday... Many of which were caused by Stratton instructors!!!

LOL: I was thinking of donning a bib, similar to those worn by blind skiers, that says: "Small object moving at great velocity across the slope" or "Makes real turns."

I am almost embarrassed to post this, but I could not resist. Here is a pic of me back in '91. I am really not gay. Check out the "A-frame" or "power triangle" stance.

(Picture at Brighton, UT)

The outfit is long gone, but the tree (up until last year anyway) is still there!

Edit:

My computer is acting up - picture in next post.

Damian Sanders rocked the neon back in the day. Nobody called him fruity, esp. with Brandy on his arm. Phil, that pic ROCKS! I used to listen to "Neon Knights" by R J DIO on the walkman snowboarding and thinking my bright purple Burton pants were wicked kewl

I must admit that all your replies to my remarks on NEON are hillarious:D The pictures are friggin' awesome too. However, am I the only one that sees riding hardboots and plates DUCK FOOT as seriously wrong! Please advise...

Yes, it's seriously wrong, couple years ago I saw a young man with brand new Norh Face pants and jacket strapping into an old Burton AsymAir (goofy) with the bindings mounted regular - he had no clue.

Duck mounted plates is like putting 22's with zero sidewall tires on an off road vehicle; looks stupid and is unfunctional.

As far as neon, wish I still had my old UPS boots with the bright purple and pink parts and pieces.

Originally posted by Steph

However, am I the only one that sees riding hardboots and plates DUCK FOOT as seriously wrong! Please advise...

I saw a guy doing the same thing at Mount Hood Meadows a year or two ago. Made me cringe. My initial reaction was similar to yours - instant knee injury!

I never did get a chance to talk to him, but if I did I was simply going to ask "So, how do thodse hard boots work in a duck stance?"

Saw a guy saturday at Attitash at the halfpipe on and old Burton Cruzer (?) but it was kinda orange and black and sporting some 70"s red/white/blue stretchy spandex padded knees ski RACE pants. No Neon tho.Steph, is stratton EA Days this week? $10???

post-123-141842203087_thumb.jpg