Note to New Members ×

Alloy 20/21

Just sharing the highlights of the new ALLOY line up. I'll be riding the new DO165 and the AZX 163. I'm on the fence if I will get a sniper 161 or the Darwin's Flow as my non carve specific board.  The builds are from the Nidecker factory in Tunisia and are using nothing but the highest quality materials (some proprietary metal in there!) The new website will launch very soon. www.alloysnow.com

2021alloy_en Page 005.jpg

2021alloy_en Page 007.jpg

2021alloy_en Page 008.jpg

2021alloy_en Page 014.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slopestar said:

the new ALLOY line up

Hey SS,  Thanks for posting.    Any idea what the inspiration for the AZX was?    The riding diagram looks very  similar to the D.O.   

I'm still got my eye out for a 1st Gen unmolested D.O. of either length.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:44 AM, barryj said:

Hmm.......  sounds more like a GS board design?    You think AZX is any better candidate for plates and hardboots? 

I think this board would work very well with hardboots. I am running increased angles that I never thought I would run in softboots

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, slopestar said:

Just sharing the highlights of the new ALLOY line up. I'll be riding the new DO165 and the AZX 163. I'm on the fence if I will get a sniper 161 or the Darwin's Flow as my non carve specific board.  The builds are from the Nidecker factory in Tunisia and are using nothing but the highest quality materials (some proprietary metal in there!) The new website will launch very soon. www.alloysnow.com

2021alloy_en Page 005.jpg

2021alloy_en Page 007.jpg

2021alloy_en Page 008.jpg

2021alloy_en Page 014.jpg

what is the price for these board 161D0, darwin flow?

On 1/6/2021 at 1:22 PM, dragonrider said:

what is the price for these board 161D0, darwin flow?

Hard to pinpoint. The AZX&DO are $500. Darwin’s flow is a bit less but there are shipping costs as well as customs fees. Shipping runs about $100 per board. Customs can be up to $50 and the actual purchase is a bank to bank transfer which can have fees up to $50 depending on your bank.  All very easy and safe/secure however an unorthodox way to purchase as the boards come directly from South Korea. And you are buying direct from Alloy as I am currently the only US Rep and I’m only a rider trying to spread the Alloy magic. Unfortunately the original rep was unable to carry the product this year however he does maintain some of the social media accounts... Louie Vito and I are the two US/international riders

• Like 1

I am about 190lb (+- 5) and this season is the first time in a long while since i been on soft gear.
It's easier for me to chase/help the kiddie.
Malamute + Flow binding + DO165

FWIW it didn't feel too stiff to me.  very stable,  feels wide but get used to it very quickly.
Getting off the lift first time was "Jebus take the wheel moment".

front 32 back 20 21" stance width.
Feel like i need more forward stance.

using hardboot on it might not be bad idea 🙂

• Like 2