Note to New Members ×

PowMow

boardguru

Just got back from a great morning of riding at PowMow. Groomers were great but we left when more and more human gates started showing up.

Briefly met another hardbooter at the top of the poma lift, name of Dickie riding Head boots, TD2 stepins, on a Coiler. Guy was ripping trenches!

I was riding my custom Winterstick 166 OG Race.

He would have known Bomber, but not necessarily ASB. He is not really paying attention to the newest stuff. He is a Purecarve guy who left Aspen for Powder Mountain. I got him on a Coiler after he tried one of mine. He is also a surf legend who pioneered Blacks in San Diego and then moved to Hawaii in the '60s.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The wife and I finally got to go riding today at PowMow. First time this season. We were both riding Coiler Contras, hers from last year mine from this year. Great first day, not a lot of people compared to all other days I have viewed the web cams. Blue skies no wind and real (not fake) snow. The entire mountain was open, and what a great time we had. The Contra is like riding a magic carpet!  Looking forward to more fun days there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/6/2024 at 7:28 AM, boardguru said:

$1649.00 for a season pass!!! Oh so glad a tech billionaire bought a majority interest in PowMow, NOT. Looks like I just got priced out of having fun there anymore in the winter.

A benefit of enjoying old age (80) a privilege denied to many! I tell my 80 year old friends not to get too excited because old age doesn’t last all that long. 
Snoqualmie, 80 +=free

White Pass season pass $24 age 73-122???

Crystal mid week season pass was about $600 when I was 79 and is $49 at 80!

• Like 2

Don't know if the corporate greed will be able to match those prices 1xsculler. There are a lot of changes happening at PowMow over the next few years, some good and some really not so good. There are a number of articles mentioning the coming changes for both winter and summer riding.

23 hours ago, boardguru said:

$1649.00 for a season pass!!! Oh so glad a tech billionaire bought a majority interest in PowMow, NOT.

That’s ridiculous for pricing.  Isn’t one “benefit” of the 24-25 season pass that if you don’t own property there, you get excluded from the new private runs and lifts?  Kind of a pay way more for way less sort of super bargain?  Maybe I misread the articles in the news but that’s what I thought it stated.  Unrelated but damn, they’ve been blasting avalanches all morning, since before sun up here.

I heard that some homeowners don't want to interact with all of the local riff raff, so they get to have their own private lifts and terrain. Wondering what will happen with the summer mountain bike parking lot by their multi million dollar houses?