Note to New Members ×

Setup question: Bias towards the toes...

JRAZZ

21 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

Improvement!!!

But first, I found that my arch is considered "high". Got better insoles with more support but I can't tell the difference in response or riding. I've also noticed that when standing with my feet parallel it seems almost as though the boots are "toe out". Anybody ever notice that? Is this just a Track 700 asymmetrical shell thing or is that me?

Anyway, I found that a stance of 65/50 works well for me too. Even aligns me more forward so that's a plus. I seem to need that 15 degrees of splay to feel stable. Once I have that feeling pressuring the cuff of the front boot becomes much easier and then the board responds wonderfully in return. 

I also found that I ride better with my straps on the looser side. It's kind of annoying since the response is not as direct as I'd like but I feel way more in control. I feel that fore-aft the boots aren't supportive enough but laterally I need more flexibility. 

If you can't tell any difference with the new footbeds, then your feet are structurally perfect, the footbeds are incomplete, or the remaining variables are still too far out of range. Or some combination thereof.

The 'high arch' comment suggests that your foot may be more mobile to the lateral side, in which case you may need additional posting under the 5th met head in order to properly stabilize your foots.

The comment on the 'parallel', 'toe out' relationship of the boots while standing suggest an element of 'twist' somewhere in your leggish hardware.

Both of which indicate that your situation is not, as previously stated, 'normal'.

If you ride better with straps loose, it's most likely that the direct connection is translating unintentional and dissonant commands from you to the board.  Part of this could be related to the issues noted above, and part could be that you're swatting flies with a hammer.

Regardless, good to hear you're making progress. Thanks for the update.

• Thanks 1