Note to New Members ×

New Swoard- riding tips?

Freezer

I just got a new Swoard Pro2 168 to compliment the Coiler ECVC 168 I've been riding for a couple of seasons.  I haven't ridden a Swoard, and in comparison to the Coiler, I noticed a few distinct differences.  Namely:

1.  30mm less effective edge

2. Softer flex

3.  Only 2mm taper vs. 12mm taper for the Coiler

4.  Binding mounts are much more forward

Based on all these differences, I'm assuming that the Swoard needs a more centered riding style, and finishes round turns more than the Coiler.  I ride in Tahoe mostly so the runs are narrower and steeper than a lot of other places, so I think the Swoard should be matched to those types of runs.  Those are my assumptions, but if anybody has time on a Swoard, I'd be interested in your perspective.  Thanks!!

Coiler, Swoard.jpg

Hey Freeze

What flex is your Pro 168?

I bought a demo Gen 4 168 M flex ExtremeCarver and loved it..... a real tank that loved to carve.

Can't remember why but I moved on to a Dual 168 and now a Dual II  168..... which is my go to/warm up board.  Actually I felt it was easier to EC on the Dual compared to the ExtremeCarver model.

Yes the Swoard guys really push a centered stance and to not mount the bindings forward to load the noise.

You seen the A,B,C mounting options diagram they suggest?  I got it somewhere if needed.

Also you seen the Swoard EC forum -  https://www.extremecarving.com/forum/index.php

Great info there also........

Edited by barryj

Yes, so was I!..... so of course I did it my way with  front binding all the way forward which rode Great!..... until  I stuffed the nose and delaminated a brand new board!...which the Swoard boys were not happy about replacing.

But I'm 230lbs too much riding on  Swoard medium flex boards..........which the Swoard boys were seriously not happy about.......which is another story.

So having learned my lesson I backed off one set of inserts up front and learned to ride it more centered..........really didn't feel any loss in performance but WOW.... the board Really Likes That Centered Stance for EC!!  Never would have thought it would work  that much better.....but they were Right, as usual.   Just call me a knucklehead :smashfrea