Note to New Members ×

Board was NOT Stolen. Board was mishandled, badly.

davekempmeister

This board was sent 11/18 to my friend in Park City.  It was just delivered today, 6 weeks later.

It was initially delivered (without obtaining a signature) to my friends porch, 9 days after I sent it.  UPS had told me it'd take 4 or 5 days but when it finally arrived on the 9th day, my friend was already away on a month long trip.  Around the 5th or 6th day when it was evident to me that it was going to arrive after my friend's departure, I then paid the UPS fee to intercept/retrieve the package  and have it redirected to a gracious contributor on this site who'd offered to babysit the thing.  With riding privileges of course.  The intercept/redirect service that I paid for was never attempted, even once.

The same UPS driver who'd delivered at first without getting a signature apparently retrieved the board from the original addressee's porch and did not scan it back into UPS inventory, so the Tracking information showed that the status was "delivered" and the status remained that way for at least the following ten days.  After that I stopped checking because of the toll it was taking on my mindset.  I just gave up, really.  I had some small hope that maybe my friend's property manager had noticed it and placed it in a shed or something but otherwise I was without hope.  

The board went all the way back to Salt Lake and sat in some sort of holding area where items are supposed to be awaiting further instruction from the recipient.  Presumably, without it having been scanned properly back into inventory and the status remaining as "delivered", the holding area turned into some sort of no man's land for my board.

I spoke to UPS call center folks on other continents a few times, to no avail.  Two days ago, when I actually lucked into getting a land line number for an actual UPS Manager in the main SLC depot, I spoke to a gentleman (after a dozen attempts that went unanswered - he just happened to be walking by the phone) who listened to my plight.  He immediately remembered the board standing around for a few days, about 6 weeks ago, and his first comment was how huge the thing was.  That's what made it stand out in his mind.  The Tanker saved itself, maybe.

He found it and got it onto the truck this morning.  It's now in my Buddy's quiver and I am free to worry about other stuff again.

IMG_2154.PNG

IMG_2152.PNG

IMG_2150.PNG

Edited by davekempmeister
status change
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3