Note to New Members ×

Good mountians for boarding in Mass

forrest

Hey,

I'm going to school in worcester and getting back into riding this winter after a break of two years. I want to find a good mountian to get a pass at for the winter hopefully one thats close. Previously I rode at Sugarloaf

I've been looking at three options

Loon

Mt. Wachusett (seems kinda small but i've never been)

American Skiing Company All East pass (sugarloaf, Killington, Stowe...)

any insight would be great.

I'm also would like to find a shop in Mass that stocks Alpine gear or good websites to buy equpiment from.

Im all for you joining us at the WA, but if you are in college, and looking to carve with some REALLY good riders, Get the Stratton Okemo college pass. I could be wrong, but I think it is completely unrestricted now and worth EVERY penny. If you can afford it, get the Wa pass and the Startton pass. Will do wonders for your riding!

-Todd Brown

Originally posted by forrest

I'm also would like to find a shop in Mass that stocks Alpine gear or good websites to buy equpiment from.

I don't know of any shops that stock gear, but if you're looking for a tune, Strand's on Goldstar seems to love it when I bring my boards in. AFAIK, the only time they ever seen alpine boards is when I bring mine in.

It's cool to see some other college kids riding plates. WPI had a few people who did, but they all either graduated or transferred (except me - I'll probably never graduate).

ha ha ha,

Im you local shop! What ya need?

Buy from Bomberonline, or Catek. Boards from one of the many small MFGs. Want to try anything out . . . Bob has bombers, I have cateks, and a couple different boards.

Im a recent college grad. . . RPI. Were not all old farts! Except maybe Bob!

I also recommend the Wachusett Weds, its great fun, and local! I go to WPI, and if you need a ride up from Worc I could see what I could do, I go most every wednesday . Some area colleges have a group pass dealy, the "GPS" century pass, which was like 189 or 209 dollars for a season pass minus Sat and Sun during the day, but who wants to go then anyway? See if your school still is offering that.

FYI, DO NOT BRING AN ASYM TO STRANDS! They will happily grind through your leading edge, and for me, I got the free grind-through on the tail as well for my old F2 Asymmetrical board. When I confronted them about it, they blew it off like it was no big deal, and were very reluctant to slightly discount some ski boots I wanted. The 'old pro' who does the tune ups told me how that part of the edge never touches snow, and explained to me that ski's can carve deeper after I told him I bury the nose while digging a trench [ok maybe a little exageration]. Either way, my F2 is permanantly damaged, and I paid to have it done.

Hey thanks for the advice on mountians. I sorta figured Wachusett would be a mess on the weekend, hopefully I'll get out Wednesday I just need to get some bindings to throw on my board.

mirror70 and klaucke it seems we all go to WPI, its a small world isn't it. We should try to get together sometime to ride maybe if we have some time over break