Note to New Members ×

Pogo Snowboards?

Guest sandarapark

sent an mail to the pogo guys inquiring bout the board for specs and the year twas made...turned out that the baird was from 1996 (owner said twas used twice and then made it into a display item)...anyway, they (pogo guys) said i was a bit too light for the board, so i think i'll pass on this one.... anyway if any of u people are interrested, here's the link and u could contact the owner himself...although it's a all the way accross another continent...

http://finn.no/finn/bap/object?finnkode=8964173&sid=15aKXi_lCs673719&pos=1&tot=1

Guest sandarapark

^^^^just what i had in mind

the board was actualy made for someone who is 20 kg hevier than me...i'm not an agresive rider at all or powerfull for that matter...so i don't think i'm gonna have fun with the board (i don't think ill be gaining any weight or a lot of muscle mass on my thigh)...plus the turning radius (7.5) is too little for my taste...

• 2 months later...

If the 158 rides anything like my POGO Overdose, I am interested in hunting it down. Just picked up a POGO Blitz, arrived today and willhave it out Thursday. In many of the threads I have read on POGOS, I completely agree as far as ride performance. Especially in conditions that I would have seen others boards just chatter out from under you. THese babies stick. it will be hard for me to ride anything else.

I was in the half pipe the other day, and my OD stuck to the heel side wall at near vertical. It was odd holding a straight line in a pipe and being able to look out over my left shoulder and seeing out of the pipe. Pipes arent too big here in PA but it was a cool sensation.

Or I mean they are garbage like the kid said and I need to contact him to offer support.

It takes a couple runs to get use to the differences of the boards, but once you get it dialed in, its wants to be ridden and ridden hard. Best board I have ridden to date. Its not a flexy as the OD and needs a little more speed to get working. Absolutely wonderful on steeps. tilt it and it sticks. I gotta go run it again this morning but I will get back today hopefully with some pics on how it rides.

Greg

It takes a couple runs to get use to the differences of the boards, but once you get it dialed in, its wants to be ridden and ridden hard. Best board I have ridden to date. Its not a flexy as the OD and needs a little more speed to get working. Absolutely wonderful on steeps. tilt it and it sticks. I gotta go run it again this morning but I will get back today hopefully with some pics on how it rides.

Greg

excellent, just what I wanted to hear!:biggthump I like the Overdose, but its a bit small for making big, fast turns on the steeps. So the Blitz is looking really good!

I had the extreme pleasure of ridding a Pogo Blitz 177 today. Before I took it out, I could tell the construction was very beefy and it would be stable if nothing else. I must admit... I didn't like the specs at all. At 177 length with a 15 sidecut... just another short GS board... right? :sleep:

WRONG!!!

The stability was superb as perdicted. It rode very damp... but was lively enough to spring me (at 200lbs) out of turns. The edges griped like Virus boards and was very predictable. It liked to be pushed very hard and was rewarding at high speeds. The thing that amazed me the most was the sidecut though. It took me a couple runs to get the thought of a 15 sidecut (and how a 15 sidecut should behave) out of my head. Once I got past that, I was in carve heaven. Yes... it holds a huge GS turn as well as anything I've ridden... but the short turn on the Pogo Blitz was remarkable. My Madd 170 (12 scr, stiff version) turns much the same way as the Pogo, but the Pogo was not as hostle in the back half of the turn.

I was supose to go to work today and only ride the Pogo for a few runs. I knew after the second turn that my day was shot. Much thanks to the owner for letting me borrow this fantastic deck!

Anyone have a Pogo Blitz 177 for sale?

Thor,

I will echo what you said. We had our annual BMES at Blue Mtn. Only three ppl show but it was a great day. We rode solid from 8:30 am to about 2:30 pm with one short break to rehydrate and JBS wanted to try out my Overdose.

The 15 SCR scared me as well, but suprisingly, the board although fairly stiff will do tight turns. If there is something else there that rides like this board, I would be interested in trying it. Stable at speeds, good pop out of the turns and spits you into the next (I also go 200 lbs) and when that edge touches the snow again it sets and holds, even through icy patches.

I dont wanna get ppl looking at the POGO's but I cant help but rave about them. Solid mean machines. They do seem beefy, but it is a lean beefy. I wont go to anything else until I demo something else that tells me different.

Also, watching JBS ride my OD :biggthump , he picked up his Coiler this season and has been in love with it :1luvu: and wanted to try the OD. I just wish I had a picture of his face half way down his first run on it. It looked something like this :D and continued the rest of the afternoon. I thought his face was going to break.

PS My Blitz is not for sale, but if you wanna make your way down to Blue Moutain, PA POW, I will let you take for a spin.

Perhaps next year I will... this year ive already broken the snowboarding budget, so I don't think I'll be heading anywhere I don't have a season pass. Id also like to get a little more experience on the OD (this is my first year on an actual alpine board) before I step up to the Blitz. I've got a longboard 175 you could try in case there's fresh snow... other than that there's not too much I can bring that you havnt already ridden.

Hopefully my 160lbs will still be able to whip it around for tight turns, I can do some serious decambering on my boards so I know my weight isn't hindering me too much.

Thanks for the invite, and I look forward to meeting up with other riders.

• 5 years later...

Hi, found this thread and thought my question could fit in here - i currently ordered a used Pogo "Overdose SP", length 158, too. Unfortunately I dont know which year it was built but as the overdose has been produced slightly longer (162) for some years I think it should be about same age as the board sandarapark mentioned. Can I expect a sidecut radius of 7.5 m for this board as well?

Thx and regards

Edited by 613

Yes, you can. Pogo overdose is a great ride. Sidecut is progressive and gets tighter towards end of the board. This is very different to modern boards. If you ride it from behind, it will carve like hell, tighten the turns and shoot you into the next.

The 158cm in combination with the sidecut makes it fairly aggressive and you have to find the sweet spot carve it properly. You will notice that you need to push it with the rear leg in order to make it bite. This is fun, but can be very exhausting.

Thank you for your reply - sounds like the overdose might be a little tricky to ride the first day(s) ... but if it´s as much fun as you and many others say it should be worth it. I´ll try to remember and follow your leads when I riding it ... :)